Something you don't want to see looking out of the plane window

Totally uninformed guy here. Just stopped by to say that if my seat was next to the still spinning flaming wreck of an engine, I would move elsewhere out of the plane (not airplane) of rotation. Ya, if debris entered the cabin things would get a lot worse for everybody but still airliners have landed with substantial parts of their fuselage missing.

3 Likes

Where I live, we get a few tornado warnings a year where the sirens all go off.

Back when I would be working in offices, that was the signal not to duck and cover, but to all rush to the windows to try and glimpse impending doom.

12 Likes

That’s crazy, says the guy who, the last time we had a hailstorm with egg sized hail, ran outside to try to gather some up.

6 Likes

Absolutely my first thought!

7 Likes

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix

Well not usually but in this case i think a bit of ignorance goes a long way.

4 Likes

“Something you don’t want to see looking out of the plane window” unless an animator or SFX person is in that seat then they’re thinking “reference!”

well, you know, or:

9 Likes

Right!?! I was like, “aww, look at ‘em go!”

3 Likes

The local news here is breathlessly covering the engine “explosion” with multiple remote camera crews interviewing residents who were “rained down on” by debris “crashing” into their homes barely missing the family as dad is making pbj sandwiches for the “little children”.

Nothing like hyperbolic local news coverage.

5 Likes

I indirectly know an individual who works aircraft maintenance at an airport in the NW United States and anecdotal evidence indicates that maintenance is very much a corona casualty.

4 Likes

Airline maintenance being bid out to the lowest cost provider and counterfeit parts has been a huge problem for some time now.

7 Likes

And the fact that it’s attached to a wing full of fuel…

2 Likes

When you wish you weren’t aware of anything until you wake up to, “Thank you for flying United.”

2 Likes

LOL, if you had been anywhere near where that nacelle ring came down you would have shit your pants.

2 Likes

Flight 328/traffic control communication:

16 Likes

Dont forget they will make it the democrats fault too!

3 Likes

Probably some colonial woman.

5 Likes

Flightaware.com track shows a fairly controlled flight too.

7 Likes

Oh come on, that’s taking it too far.

1 Like

Hey, the people on the ground still look like ants, but through the flames they look like ants on fire! :ant: :fire: :fire_engine:

4 Likes

The real hero here is the person filming the engine fire. Look how steady and well composed that footage is; and in Landscape Format too!

14 Likes