Sometimes the best food comes from gas stations

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

In Maryland and adjacent states, we have the convenience store Royal Farms, which serves hands-down the best fried chicken / potato wedge combo I’ve ever tasted.

2 Likes

Normal is just a municipality in Illinois, USA. The concept is an illusion because there is no such thing as normal.

9 Likes

Cedric The Entertainer Thank You GIF by CBS

“normal” is communally defined and often a moving target… what some consider normal, others do not, etc… Calling something or someone “abnormal” is often a part of the hegemonic, ideological project to stamp out difference and to control people better. If people don’t feel comfortable taking chances and stepping outside of “the norm” then we don’t really have a free society, do we?

6 Likes

There is this gas station near where I lived which had pretty damn good BBQ they made every day.

2 Likes

And that’s who they selected in the MD entry of the referenced article. As familiar as I am with RoFo fried chicken, I was kinda hoping to be introduced to something new. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Weird, I never came across a doughcro while living in Vegas, but I did used to get Cronuts regularly while living in the Bay Area.

1 Like

I probably should have read the actual article before commenting. :smiley:

1 Like

There’s a gas station right off of Exit 128 of I-65 in Greenville, AL that also has FANTASTIC BBQ. I’d often eat there while driving between Birmingham and Fairhope. Here’s the Yelp:

5 Likes

I was stationed at Ft Polk, Louisiana back in the 80s. Some friends and I were camping and decided to make a beer run. Stopped at a local mart and saw a crock pot sitting on the counter by the register. Lady told me all about boudin. We bought most of the sausages. Loved those little stores!

5 Likes

Australian Truckstops/Roadhouses say hi!

2 Likes

And what many believe to the best sushi in the world can be found in a certain Tokyo subway station:

3 Likes

The Shell gas station at 1600 Tremont Street in the Mission Hill area of Boston, MA has surprisingly good fried chicken. They’re even listed on grubhub! Imagine that. A gas station listed on grubhub for food deliveries.

1 Like

Hmmm…the potential for bio-fuel, too. :thinking:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.