Sony Pocket AM/FM Radio - $13 and no service contract!

TV, is that an app or website? iā€™ve heard old people mention itā€¦

1 Like

Indie 88 showed some promise here, but they have a terribly weak signal (or at least, did when they launched) and eventually started turning into CFNY-junior, so I gave up and went back to Songza (or Google Play for my own music).

Sirius XM is pretty awesome, if you can get your head around the idea of paying for radio (which is a struggle for a lot of people, I realize). A lot of great music, and very little in the way of commercials. I donā€™t drive enough to make it worth paying for (I have a 6km commute to work every day), but if I was in the car for longer than 10-15 minutes every morning I would absolutely be getting it.

I have one of these floating around the house. Simple, with very good reception at a reasonable price.

Itā€™s the only Sony product in years that Iā€™ve been completely satisfied with.

Sure, I wish it came it cute colors.

Anyone else remember Radio Shack Flavoradios?

I wonder how many pirate stations just moved operations online?

I have considered it or the other thing (there is another one, right?) but Iā€™d then have to get my speakers repaired. Crappy speakers is one thing when Iā€™m using radio, CD player, and a crappy tape deck converter. Crappy speakers and paying $x of money every month for the pleasure seems like the bad kind of silly. :laughing: :rabbit:

Only one satellite radio service now - they used to be two separate companies (Sirius and XM), they merged some time ago now, though. And yeah, broken speakers to listen to radio that youā€™re paying good money for seems like something that is not clever.

1 Like

Well there you go! Nothing but talk radio and Clear Channel.

I had this thingā€™s great granddaddy back in the day:

http://retrothing.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452989a69e2011570182e01970b-800wi

No FM but still beat the snot out of what the new one can pick up.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.