Soundgarden's Chris Cornell: biopic now in production

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/24/soundgardens-chris-cornell.html

2 Likes

I don’t know how i feel about a biopic. I’m a big fan of Chris Cornell and i’d love to see his story told, but thinking about his passing still deeply saddens me so i’m not terribly enthusiastic about seeing it. If it does get made i hope they do his story justice.

9 Likes

I feel the same. At first, I found Soundgarden’s music to be too dark. It took my head to places I didn’t want to go. But I couldn’t ignore the first rate musicianship, and the voice, omg, the voice. From a whisper to a full throated roar, and always in total control. One of the finest rock 'n roll voices of all time. Really liked the Audioslave stuff too. Chris was a very compelling individual. Depression is a motherfucker.

4 Likes

This has been getting a lot of plays on the radio. There was nobody like him, love that guy.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine anyone else’s voice being anything other than a disappointment.

1 Like

Pretty dead on. I loved Soundgarden, his solo stuff and Audioslave, as a moody 20-something his music really spoke to me and listened to it often. These days i still have a love for it but find it hard to listen to.

4 Likes

Very nice. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hasn’t been sanctioned by his estate, which is a major dick move on the filmmaker’s part.

2 Likes

The thing that really settled hard with me following his death was an interview I had read with him only a couple years before. He was talking about cleaning up and cycling had really improved his health and his performance as a touring musician. It was really great to see that, even as he was getting older, he was finding new ways to up his game and challenge younger musicians.

Depression’s a real monster, in that it sometimes comes for you when you’re making progress. When you’re in a terrible situation, you’re depressed, but you have a reason to be. There’s an expectation that things will get better. When you’re doing better and still feeling the same, it can be hopeless because you feel like there isn’t anything better. Your body lies to your mind, but it really sucks that it can be at its most powerful when you are, too.

Yes, utter b.s. I look forward to hearing what John Holiday and the others behind this have to say about it.

1 Like

Considering that it is supposed to be about his last days i find really abhorrent especially if its being done without approval from his estate. I would rather see a story about his life rather than one fixated on his death. I guess the filmmakers behind this made it real easy for me not to give a shit about the film.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.