South Carolina introduces bill to punish women who have an abortion by executing them

Originally published at: South Carolina introduces bill to punish women who have an abortion by executing them | Boing Boing

9 Likes

holy crap these whackos are out of control!!!

30 Likes

So there’s enough mercy to spare the woman’s life if she could prove her case, but otherwise, nah. That tracks.

12 Likes

So, um, Harris, your argument is that we need to execute some people because we don’t have anyone authorized to take lives? Or is your implicit argument that, even if we (contrafactually) assert fetal personhood, restoring broad abortion access would be a minor legislative matter of simply assigning some people the authorization to execute fetuses for uterine trespass?

I’m really not seeing how this argument works.

24 Likes

All life is sacred, except when it isn’t.

26 Likes

The Nationalist Christians (aka Nat-Cs) aren’t anti-choice, they are forced-birth.

18 Likes

I doubt that the burden of proof would fall on the women; I’m sure that a man would make the case. You can’t have women speaking out in public. /s

14 Likes

So pro-life we’re ready to kill you for it.

50 Likes

The party of femicide.

The party of rape.

40 Likes

do these people hear themselves?

who enforces this?
who kills the killers?
aren’t they, by action, now needed to be killed themselves?

13 Likes

I should never have come home from Iceland. WTF?

26 Likes

Yeah, it’s… not good.

There will be lines around the block.

14 Likes

So does “stand your ground” defence work then? Trespassing and criminal threat charges against the foetus?

8 Likes

What is that a queue for? Why are their signs saying “Woman” and “Men” on a blank wall? Why is that turnip carrying a rifle?

5 Likes

I just googled “gun show line” as I figured that would be the first stop for these monsters, anyway. The signs are probably an entrance to a “camp”. No word on how the turnip got there as I guarantee this crowd is allergic to veg.

6 Likes

Wow. Trying to outdo Texas AND Florida in a single move.

I feel so sorry for anyone in these red states being targeted… which seems to be the majority of the population if they’re going after women, trans people, gay people, Black people, teachers… the list of people they’re attempting to outlaw just keeps growing.

15 Likes

Fetal personhood enthusiasts have this…totally mysterious…tendency to never want to touch any of the issues raised by the conduct of their new class of legal persons; and also seem to accept as a given that things like food and lodging are the subject of well formed and irrevocable agreements established because reasons.

It’s almost like the term is being used in some mixture of conceptual confusion and abject bad faith or something.

14 Likes

I agree. If we are (because this apparantly is the world we live in) going to assume that this is some totally separate person, there just doesn’t seems to be an end to the types of violations this person is committing against the mother. It’s a legal morass with no clear remedies and you can bet that if this continues then we will explore it in depth.

2 Likes

How long til miscarriage is also punishable by death?

13 Likes

if you’re a woman of color*, and they think you might have contributed somehow to the miscarriage, then you can already be sent to prison, so… not long.

eta: (* or pregnant person of color more generally speaking )

30 Likes