South Dakota Attorney General struggling to explain why he himself found the body of a man he himself killed

I know the Dems aren’t angels but I’m pretty sure attitudes about drunk driving have shifted a bit over the last 50-plus years, both within the Democratic party and for society in general.

When I was a kid Hollywood was still playing DUIs for comedy value in movies like Arthur and Up in Smoke.

12 Likes

The really shocking thing is how routine this kind of nonsense is now.

4 Likes

Screengrab straight from youtube, via

14 Likes

Having hit a deer myself (or rather been hit by a deer) if you report it “immediately” you need to wait at the scene for the cops to show up and fill out a report. And you’ll need that report for your insurance. Just like any other accident. It’s also illegal everywhere I’m aware of to leave the scene before the cops show.

So how exactly do you do everything right and not catch the dead human being in the road? Properly responding to this sort of thing requires the cops to back track your path to locate the deer, confirm it’s what happened and remove it from the road/block the road if neccisary.

14 Likes

there-it-is

17 Likes

Given the time honored and hilarious tendancy for BB to shoop politicians, I dont think you should feel guilty for noticing. I wondered the same thing.

1 Like

Depends how drunk one is. Though I think it’s pretty clear he wasn’t that drunk - just drunk enough he thought it best to wait until the next day, when he was sober, to call it in.

5 Likes

But he NEVER drinks at these events! We know it’s true, cause he said so… /s

13 Likes

Your staying-on-the-good-side-of-Cerebro training looks to have worked! There are no Happy Accidents, just all-hours admitting privilege at the hospital, hypercephaly every time you mean hydroencephaly, and ameliorative fluids.

Hey, just started watching Hold The Dark! Nobody said there was a home game?

7 Likes

Why would they even do this?

1 Like

What I’m getting from most of his pictures is a smug-drunken-fratboy vibe. It’s backed up by the text. His appearance could be neutral, pleasant, or sanity-blasting. But there’s something about the expression and affect …

1 Like

Pretty sure leaving the scene of an accident is still a crime even if you go back the next day.

6 Likes
3 Likes

I thought it was strange when at first the police wouldn’t say who found the body. But as someone who has hit four deer…I have never called the police. You check make sure that car wrecking bastard is dead, if salvageable you have some burgers, if the guts are broke open you drag it into the woods for the coyotes. Deer suck, they are the pigeons of the woods.

4 Likes

I, for one,
needed that.
TNX

2 Likes

Hey, there’s good eatin’ on them deer…

1 Like

Yeah you don’t call the cops for a deer. You just put your smashed up grill in the back and call the insurance company, cursing your luck.

One time a deer stepped right in front of my headlight, BAM!! and like ONE MINUTE LATER cops pulled me over for a busted headlight! “Yeah I know, I hit a deer!” “Well you have to get that fixed!” “It just happened!” Cop shines his flashlight around, “Haw haw! Lookit! There’s fur in his tire!”

4 Likes

My guess (and it’s nothing but a guess) is that he knew he hit a person and either (a) was feeling some pretty profound guilt about a guy laying in a ditch somewhere either dead or dying, so went back with his aide the next day, or (b) knew someone was going to find the body so it might as well be he and his aide so they could stage it how they wanted it to seem.

5 Likes

I read the story yesterday and your link today. I have soooo many questions about this. Too many to enumerate.

3 Likes

Same. FWIW, this is the scene of the accident. At night it would be extremely dark, especially with a crescent moon, BUT that sheriff has some explaining to do for missing the fact that there was a dead body in a ditch UNLESS the Ravnsborg hid it before the sheriff got there and then “found” it the next day.

7 Likes