South Dakota Attorney General struggling to explain why he himself found the body of a man he himself killed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/15/south-dakota-attorney-general.html

7 Likes

Good thing he figured it out before he took the body home and put it in his freezer.

39 Likes

It’s amazing how much a person looks like a deer when you (checks notes) “are driving at night after definitely NOT drinking at a liquor fueled partisan event you attended and absolutely NOT speeding because you learned your lesson the last few times you were pulled over for excessive speed.”

50 Likes

Is that pic photoshopped? Because I’m getting a serious Dick Tracy villain vibe…

EDIT: I was angry when I posted this, then realized that this is making fun of someone’s appearance which is not acceptable. Sorry Ravnsborg for the low blow. That said, you’re a jerk in so many other ways I could have ridiculed you for which would have been above the table.

14 Likes

Every time I’ve been in a car that hit a deer (driving and otherwise) at either night, day, or in between, there’s been absolutely no doubt that it was a deer.

Maybe if you’re drunk, distracted, or doing something else other than driving you’d be confused. Time to give that guy new bracelets.

20 Likes

The victim was probably suffering from some other underlying health condition.

42 Likes

Who hasn’t run someone down on the drive back home to East Egg?

9 Likes

Sus af. Self report. Red is the imposter!

He looks like his face isn’t big enough for his head. Indeed…surreal.

So now I’m certain the GOP will do something to get this bum off the hook, claiming he was an “upright citizen” with no previous history of vehicular manslaughter, so he should totally be let go.

/s implied, but this will probably happen somehow. I hate this timeline.

8 Likes

I honestly can’t tell if this image is @beschizza’d or not.

18 Likes

Two people in my family have hit deer on the highway at night, and one distant family member hit a moose. In zero of those cases was there any doubt what was hit.

I’m sorry, I don’t buy for a second someone can hit a human being and mistake it for a deer. Besides, anything that big you immediate stop and check your car for damage anyway.

He knows he hit a human being, he panicked and kept going, then thought better of it the next day and is trying to get ahead of the situation now.

38 Likes

It definitely looks like someone Charlie Kirked him, yeah.

ETA:
Nah, he’s just a natural charlie kirk face

6 Likes

Who doesn’t stop and pull over after you hit a deer anyway? You’re pretty damn shaken.

Next up he’ll say the guy was wearing antlers.

27 Likes

I mean, it’s obviously an accident. Things like this can happen even to the most attentive, best…

Oh wait he’s gotten 6 speeding tickets in four years.

17 Likes

Unfortunately between our willingness to let people off for vehicular homicides and our unwillingness to punish the powerful, I’m going to guess he pleads to leaving the scene of the accident, rather than the homicide charges he should face.

12 Likes

He says he did stop & call 911, then took the sheriff’s personal vehicle home. He says that the next day when he & his aide were returning the sheriff’s car they stopped at the scene to check for a deer again when they found the body.

It’s Fargo crossed with Telltale Heart.

17 Likes

“My worst fear is that they’re trying to get ducks in a row to absolve the attorney general of any wrongdoing,” Nick Nemec said.

Jeez, it’s like no-one trusts the honesty and integrity of GOP politicians in red states anymore. /s

28 Likes

“It wasn’t a chicken, Sidney!”
"It was a baby!

9 Likes

Former Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant intentionally killed a bike courier and was not convicted. So, chances are good Jason Ravnsborg will walk as well.

8 Likes

Before anyone starts yelling about R vs. D, remember Chappaquiddick.

Yeah, they both happened. Yeah, the driver was probably drunk in both cases. Yeah, the other person may have survived in both cases if the driver called for help immediately. And no, neither did.

I never understood why Kennedy had a career after that. It’s like the pussy comment from 45; it should have sank that ship.

2 Likes