South Dakota governor blocks voter-approved cannabis legalization

like every other single principle they purport to hold, it crumbles in the face of their one and only true principle: rules for thee, but not for me.

2 Likes

That just makes me sad. The post is meant to be a Gen X filter. Anyone coming of age before and during Just Say No^ would, hopefully, spot the biting sarcasm and be amused.

^ Especially anyone who grew up in South Dakota during that time. The gullibility and stupidity of the average adult was just astounding.

4 Likes

This is shitty, but it’s not even like she needed legal loopholes, I don’t think. Our previous Governor (Paul LePage) blocked a number of voter-approved initiatives (medicaid expansion and ranked-choice voting, to name 2) for years, basically until he was out of office, because he just didn’t like them and there wasn’t enough of a majority in the state congress to overcome him.

7 Likes

It was meant as friendly confirmation/agreement. Sorry.

I’m a '66 vintage, BTW.

Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose. Astounding and appalling. Still nowhere near enough critical thinking is displayed by our fellow supposedly adult humans.

4 Likes

That’s just it!

A nanny might indulgently coddle your desire for treats; so legalizing something recreational risks turning into a nanny state; but a nanny is much less likely to kick down your door in the middle of the night, flashbang you; and then do some creative counting to upgrade you from simple possession to possession with intent; so as long as it remains a police matter the nanny state has clearly been averted!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.