Southwest Airlines surrenders to racists, refuses boarding to Arab-American passengers

That’s pretty much the kind of person you have to be to qualify for a security clearance.

The suit should also target individual personnel, not just the airline. I’m fucking sick of assholes getting off because they’re working for an asshole company.

8 Likes

the reasonable thing to do for any person of color who wants to fly or just be generally left alone and unbothered is to don a klan hood. Racism is the new patriotism and nothing says Murica better than the klan. Growing up in the 50’s and 60’s I saw some of America’s ugliness. In the late 60’s I thought there was a window open for us to grow into our best. I wish I had not lived long enough to see it get worse but it has. Fat stupid people suckin’ on the corporate owned media tit have come to believe the gospel of the rich. We are a people divided and afraid, afraid especially to think for ourselves

18 Likes

Get a good lawyer and sue the shit out of them. It’s the American way.

1 Like

America’s fine. The idea remains intact. Some of the folks inhabiting it however …

6 Likes

as a native texan whose ancestors moved here before it became a state, i too have posted about my experiences. tragically, i have met all too many people with views like the ones described by ethicalcannibal.

7 Likes

:slight_smile: My comment was intended as a plea to the world at large, rather than particularly to/about you… not leastly because I really do see the plethora of things that need to change about Texas before I’ll think of it as enlightened. I’m humbled that you took the time to thoughtfully respond.

3 Likes

Brilliant, then you’re stuck on a plane for hours with a bunch of people who’ve shat themselves without access to a shower or change of clothes.

8 Likes

Nobody lives in the cannon universe.

3 Likes

“Crews and Customers”

2 Likes

You’ve flown Ryanair then?

14 Likes

Sure, people are always looking for attribution. It’s easy to see a sea of red in the South and as a result dismiss the entire place as corrupt. Yes, there’s corruption, but there’s corruption in the North, too.

That said, why do these stereotypes around racism just keep coming up in the same locations, over and over?

2 Likes

Here are a few people who disagree.

1 Like

Totally worth it

5 Likes

Well, if there’s a bright side, at least Southwest delayed two people from returning to Chicago and making more of those awful excuses for pizza.

7 Likes

If I see that happening I am going to complain about the complainer. I’ll say I don’t feel safe with them on board and demand they are taken off.

4 Likes

LOL, SouthWest cop out: it wasn’t the employees, it was the “passengers” who refused to allow six Muslims on the flight." Apparently the passengers are now in charge of boarding.

"Safety is our primary focus, and our Employees are trained to make decisions to ensure that safety, and to safeguard the security of our Crews and Customers on every flight,

FTFY:
"…our Employees are trained to safeguard the bigoted racism of our Crews and Customers on every flight

6 Likes

Fear is the sure fire way to control and manipulate people. Add anger and people will VOTE to protect and punish; it also increases the potential for violence. This has worked for tyrants, the aristocracy, the war industry and politicians (etc) for millenia.

5 Likes

Sure they do… until the primer goes off, and then they are very rapidly expelled from the cannon universe. The Big Bang works a bit differently there.

3 Likes

Fortunately, none of the bigoted passengers had beer mugs to wield against the Arabic-speakers.

7 Likes

shit, so that’s why I have a beard!

4 Likes