Southwest passenger gets a reality check after asking pilot if he's drunk

Originally published at: Southwest passenger gets a reality check after asking pilot if he's drunk | Boing Boing

5 Likes

15 Likes

Now, that’s funny.

7 Likes

Sadly I find myself wondering if he has fans that actually view his videos. I mean it’s not quite as sophisticated and high brow as "Ouch My Balls " , but still ?

9 Likes

Right?

I mean, who’d want to see any more about what this jerk “means about life”?

12 Likes

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

4 Likes

How do these jackasses expect to get model releases from the involuntary participants in their “comedy sketches”?

That should cost them monetization for starters.

6 Likes

I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. Don’t quit your day job.

Also - I enjoy a good insult comic now and again, but trying those bits randomly in public just makes you an asshole.

7 Likes

Next time he should ask the pilot something witty, like “how do you know I haven’t put a bomb on the plane?”

8 Likes

What is it with the recent spate of people not thinking about the consequences of their actions? The mere accusation of being drunk could probably get the pilot suspended while an investigation was launched into this frivolous comment.

I’ve heard stories about how in the early days of metal detectors at airports, some people thought it would be funny to joke about having a gun on them. They didn’t think it was so funny after they got detained for it. There are places where everything is taken seriously. This is one of them.

12 Likes

I met a pilot at a bar one night and started joking with her about her “bottle to throttle” time since you know, she was there at a bar (drinking iced tea it turns out). She did not think it was very funny either.

Full House 90S Tv GIF

6 Likes

Good lord, I forgot how funny Foster Brooks was. I remember my dad howling with laughter watching him on TV. Good memories.

7 Likes

Funny guy.

Wonder if he’s married. And if so, if his wife appreciates his sense of “humour.”

3 Likes

i wonder if what he means about life is that, as Ferris said, “it comes at you fast” – because it certainly came at HIM fast. don’t quit your day job, jackass.

5 Likes

I’m surprised I could understand the pilot. Usually when I hear them talk, it’s really low, really mumbling and I can’t make out one word, but maybe something about the altitude or weather at the destination.

3 Likes

Before today we didn’t know who this guy was.

Now I’ve seen his tiktok come at me from quite a few different means. He’s made money off this. This technique WORKED for him. It was successful. And it’s successful for others who do similar.

That’s where all these shock comedians on tiktok came from. That’s how they work.

5 Likes

Ubiquitous cameras and a place to put their shitty output for millions to see.

3 Likes

This is why pilots take this issue seriously. This incident, even though no one was hurt, gave the entire industry a black eye. This sort of thing was, at one time, not all that uncommon. That Dean Martin/Foster Brooks bit is exaggerated, but it didn’t come out of nowhere.

5 Likes

A family member Delta lifelong pilot post military explained it to me. He said that the airlines recruited people straight out of the military, told them it’d be an amazing exciting job, and then basically let these super sexy and powerful people be in charge of sexy women and a cabin full of passengers while they basically carried the mail. That there was no excitement in actually doing the job, compared to the excitement from “living the life” and definitely compared to what fighter jet piloting for the Navy or Air Force can give you. So, as he put it, you have the hottest looking hottest flying fighter pilots in the world, and you put them in situations where they’re admired, hit on, and doing the most boring paperwork in some of the most amazing cities in the world.

Not excusing it , he said, but what’d they expect when they hired for that level of bravado, confidence, and attitude.

2 Likes

Not an apology.

6 Likes