Plane passenger urinates on his seat, then tries to urinate on a passenger

Originally published at: Plane passenger urinates on his seat, then tries to urinate on a passenger | Boing Boing

4 Likes

What is needed here (not) is a loose assemblage of hypotheses, conjectures, and conspiracy theories as to why the last …oh, decade has seen such an uptick in jerkdom in planes. i’ll start:

1. cellphones encourage people who otherwise couldn’t just read a book to take long flights
  2. onerous TSA check lines scare away more ‘normal’ folks
  3. little pack of peanuts now contains G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate
  4. insufficient Samuel L. Jackson becoming fed up with all these mf@#$ snooks on a plane
  5. TVs in airports locked on CNN
1 Like

Point of order: They no longer offer peanuts on flights due to paranoia over peanut allergy exposure. Little packets of mini pretzels are now de rigueur on most airlines.

What’s interesting to me about this story is the fact that Emirates serves alcohol at all considering their country of origin.

The big Gulf airlines like Emirates, Qatar, and Etihad do serve alcohol inflight and like most western long-haul airlines, use it as a key marketing tool.
Although, in the case of airlines like Emirates, many would argue the commercial penalties involved in not serving booze inflight outweigh at-home cultural sensitivities surrounding alcohol.

7 Likes

Interesting. If you were on the ground and served booze, you might have a bouncer on the premises or be able to call police if someone gets too juiced.

On a plane? It seems like one of those places where encouraging good behavior is very necessary considering what happens when drunk Larry decides to punch out a window or otherwise get into something that no one needs at 30,000 feet. Flying is already stressful for a lot of people, but here one person gets to shed their moral compass and terrorize everyone the plane?

Planes are a bad place to misbehave. on a plane, a submarine or a gdamn ferris wheel in Vegas… you don’t want assholes because their actions could kill everyone.

3 Likes

It’s better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Yeah, piling on I wanted to say

"Some hours into the flight we became aware of a very rowdy group in the bar area. " ← There’s your problem.

5 Likes

What happened to the ant on the toilet seat?

He got pissed off and left.

2 Likes

Something else to steal

1 Like

i have been very, VERY drunk on occasion, and never have i ever mistaken a seat of any kind for a urinal.

4 Likes

The solution here, is to make every seat in the airplane a toilet. This way, no one will ever have to leave their seat, for any reason.

Then, make the seats so tight together that any movement is very difficult. This will increase revenues for the airline, as many more seats can be fit, if you eliminate things like leg room or aisles.

Last, pump the passenger area of the plane full of a sedative gas, to send the passengers into a light coma.

Profit!

3 Likes

Gross.
Taking bets, who here thinks ES was a white man?

1 Like

Oh! ES is the victim, not the would-be urinator… the would-be urinator was probably a rich, entitled white dude…

2 Likes

I know, the bet is, how likely would it be that this guy would pull this not once, not twice, but thrice, on a white male passenger?
ETA: I’m reminded of that TED talk from a while ago from a trans woman describing how it felt getting told she didn’t know where her own seat was. By a white guy, natch.

2 Likes

Oh, gotcha! I guess it depends on how wealth the victim was? If they were a white man, but not rich, more likely, but less likely if he’s also wealthy…

That seat really ties the plane together

3 Likes

Wait… Is this the second woman a guy tried to pee on while they were on a plane? How common is this?

3 Likes

I’m honestly surprised they still serve alcohol on flights at all generally. Seems like the kind of thing that would have been phased out by now like smoking.

2 Likes

Even at 1 in a billion, that’s a few times a year.

2 Likes

The rich part is definitely true. Otherwise, he would not have been in the part of the plane where “the bar area” is an option.

3 Likes

That was an amazing talk, thanks for reminding me about that.

Airplane story starts at 5:37.

2 Likes