Incredible brawl on RyanAir forces an emergency landing: "Worst flight of my life" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/29/incredible-brawl-on-ryanair-forces-an-emergency-landing-worst-flight-of-my-life-video.html

10 Likes

And, unusual for RyanAir, at no extra cost!

31 Likes

And it looks like it basically spills over onto anyone who commented at all.

I hope they had a lovely few days in a cold cell.

9 Likes

That can’t just be booze, that’s more like hard drugs and drinkthat causes that type of nuts behaviour. Either which way, let’s hope these two main nutters end on the no fly list for the sake of the rest of us…

3 Likes

For the life of me, I can’t understand why alcohol is allowed to be served on airliners or inside airport terminals.

8 Likes

Time for a negative-gee pushover.

4 Likes

To Ryanair… two words: Bear Spray.

6 Likes

I see people acting like that at my job, all the time. It is usually just alcohol. Sometimes meth, but usually just alcohol.

15 Likes

You’re a gQp hill staffer?? /XLh/XLs

13 Likes

“They were very drunk, it was as if they were on another planet,”

That’s a new one.

3 Likes

My brother has had his nose broken in a fight twice in his life, both times while drunk on tequila. My brother is otherwise the chillest human ever. People becoming violent while drunk is extremely common. Sure, some people just chill and pass out, but a lot don’t.

16 Likes

13 Likes

“On behalf of Captain Buckfast and his crew, we’d like to welcome you aboard this Ned Air flight to Edinburgh. The “No Fighting” sign has been extinguished, and you are now free to move around the cabin and assault other passengers. We do ask that you keep a firm grip on your drinks while seated to minimize spillage.”

18 Likes

What language were they yelling in? It sort of sounds familiar…

Because many millions of passengers navigate those hazards without any trouble. Why should I be deprived of my medium glass of red on the 14 hour flight to Tokyo because a few nutters in Portugal went of on each other?

You can use the exact same argument against guns, cars, children, or nearly anything and we should all just go back to being cave people.

11 Likes

capitalism GIF

5 Likes

Unlike a kid kicking your seat, I think you should be able to pummel these types into unconsciousness. Reason and logic aren’t going to work here - physical overpowering and restraint are the solution.

Especially when unwilling observers are getting smacked around by the offenders.

Honestly, if you can’t find a few burly types on a flight to quell this crap…

3 Likes

And yet enough don’t that it’s a frequent problem. With cars and children there is a tangible benefit to society for allowing them despite their inherent risks. No such benefit exists for mixing alcohol and flying. It’s simply a vice. One that I enjoy as well, but not so much that I find giving it up for a few hours to be an unacceptable trade-off for a safer and more reliable flying experience.

2 Likes

(obligatory) sometimes we have to fly by ryanair

5 Likes

Underrated comment fiyah.

1 Like