Sowing chaos, Judge Cannon makes a problematic ruling

Not that it will impact her lifetime appointment in any way, but it seems like she might not even know how to be a judge? That’s just my armchair guess from what was posted.

I’m very surprised she hasn’t been asked (forced?) to recuse yet or any requests to move the trial. Either Smith isn’t as clever as the marketing says or he’s playing 97-D chess but I wish I knew. I’d hate to get Mueller’ed again.

I wonder how much of this is an unforced error and how much is helpfully giving her more rope.

Not my bailiwick at all. I expect Ken/Popehat will have something smart to say over on Mastodon.

2 Likes

IANAL but I assume you need something more substantial than “this judge is a dumb-dumb who clearly has a thing for Trump” to get a request for recusal to stick, and an unsuccessful request to have a trial judge removed is a really good way to find yourself dealing with a pissed-off judge.

Smith looks to be taking a very by-the-books approach here instead of making big gambles that could easily backfire

13 Likes

What I’ve read about her is that she is ignorant, so it’s hard to know where one leaves off and the other begins.

2 Likes

Anything he does must be watertight enough to prevail before the Supreme Court, so caution is probably very wise.

7 Likes

“Both” has my vote.
No matter what, this judge will go down in infamy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.