Spaaaaace (Part 1)

Astroboffins discover Sun is surfing on 9,000-light-year gas wave that acts as Milky Way’s stellar nursery

Pack your bags! NASA’s latest exoplanet hunter satellite finds its first Earth-sized world in a habitable zone – and it’s only 100 light years away

1 Like

The case of the Alien Prince from Andromeda scam!

1 Like

H0LiCOW: Cosmoboffins still have no idea why universe seems to be expanding more rapidly than expected

2 Likes

Cosmoboffins. Fantastic

2 Likes

“We’ve traced the signal. It’s coming from within the Local Group!”

3 Likes

There’s a cling-on off the starboard bow… Small moon spotted orbiting asteroid NASA’s Lucy will visit in 2027

Breathtaking trajectory visualisations here:
https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/details.cgi?aid=4719

15 years on, Euroboffins finally work out what it took to send the Huygens Titan probe into such a spin

You gotta love systems integration testing failures.

1 Like

4 Likes

Well, historically speaking, colonialism and indentured servitude go together like popcorn and movies. It’s so nice to see a pioneering entrepreneur breaking new ground while still upholding traditional values and standards.

Just in case: /s

5 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUZZ!

7 Likes
1 Like

Fly me to the M(O2)n: Euro scientists extract oxygen from ‘lunar dust’ by cooking it with molten salt electrolysis

“The production process leaves behind a tangle of different metals […]”

2 Likes

Frota Estelar!

1 Like

Hmm, reminds me of something.
200124170737-space-force-star-fleet-split-large-169

7 Likes

I cannot wait to see the klingon or Ferengi version

3 Likes

Later on we’ll look back and realize we should have noticed sooner Trump was a Ferengi in shoddy makeup

4 Likes

First reactions (beyond the facepalming resemblance to the Starfleet logo):

1. The triangle shape is needlessly repeated three times, and all of the triangles look like the little spaceship from that old arcade game “Asteroids.”
  2. Wasn’t the whole point of this silly project to make the “Space Force” a distinct branch of the military from the Air Force? If so then why does it mention the Air Force?
  3. This is the only military branch logo I’ve seen to include Roman numerals of when that branch was founded. There is a near-zero chance that this was done for any reason other than “Trump wants everyone to remember that the Space Force was founded during his administration.”
6 Likes

how certain is it space force will be a thing and not reversed? also, what will boot camp be like? asking for a friend