Spaaaaace (Part 1)

Ask Joaquin Phoenix.

spacecamp

3 Likes

242c803166fe4357591e9e85a7390c80863b0277_1_346x500

8 Likes

The official seals of the Army, Coast Guard and Air Force all contain their founding dates. The Air Force date is in Roman numerals.

2 Likes

Upstarts…

1 Like

Oh wow. The official seal for the US Army includes an image of the official US Army flag and an American flag. The US Army flag includes an image of the US Army seal. So there’s an infinite number of US seals contained within the US seal. And twice as many US flags.

11 Likes

I stand corrected.

1 Like

There is a precedent:

Disregarding the fact that Space Force, at this time, is a dumb idea, transitioning this way allows them to transition personnel, etc. in a much more streamlined way: all personnel, materiel, etc. would still be under the AF. It also makes it easy for them to transition back to the Air Force should this go away (though I don’t expect that–bureaucratic momentum is a thing.)

2 Likes

7 years in the Martian desert has left Curiosity looking like it is currently cosplaying Borderlands.

curiosity

9 Likes
1 Like

Curse of Boeing continues: Now a telly satellite it built may explode, will be pushed up to 500km from geo orbit

NASA: Remember that 2024 Moon thing? How about Mars in 2033? Authorization bill moots 2028 for more lunar footprints

I think NASA’s plan at this point is to wait until the very last person who has any living memory of the first moon landing has died just so no one can complain that the new moon landing is a letdown by comparison.

2 Likes

Over the Moon? Not quite: NASA boss has a good whinge about ‘counterproductive’ Authorization Bill

1 Like

Einstein is right again! And reading the comments in Ars makes me feel really dumb.

5 Likes

Go read the comments for this on Reddit if you need a boost :wink:

5 Likes

US’s secret spy payload offloaded: Rocket Lab demos missile muscle with second Electron guided home

NASA’s Christina Koch returns to Earth as the longest-serving woman astronaut – after spending 328 days in space

3 Likes

giphy-26

6 Likes

Starliner snafu could’ve been worse: Software errors plague Boeing’s Calamity Capsule

Troubled aerospace giant Boeing will “re-verify” the flight software code for its calamity capsule, the CST-100 Starliner, after it was revealed that December’s anomaly could have been a lot, lot worse.

Forget the Oscars, the Solar Orbiter is off to take a close look at our nearest (and super-hot) star

1 Like