Spaaaaace

7 Likes
8 Likes

“ These microbes may have hitched a ride on a lunar lander and are now living on the moon.”

4 Likes

Lucky microbes.

5 Likes

This is why we can’t have good things.

3 Likes

There is a lot of difference between the onebox that says “microbial life hiding” and the title that says “could be microbial life hiding”. Sure, maybe. There is a big difference between withstanding and growing in extreme conditions though.

5 Likes

Beams from brightest gamma ray burst ever seen were pointed directly at Earth

4 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

… gonna be my new go-to excuse for everything

“Sorry I fucked up, I’ve got astronaut brain”

3 Likes

Gamma rays, eh? Aimed at our whole planet? If comics have taught me anything that could have some pretty dramatic effects.

6 Likes

Puny planet.

6 Likes

Also…

POSSIBLE GLANCING-BLOW CME: NOAA forecasters say that a CME might hit Earth’s magnetic field on June 13th . It was hurled into space by an M2.5-class explosion (movie) on June 9th. The glancing blow could cause, at most, G1-class geomagnetic storms. )

9 Likes

Space orcas attacking the ISS! Hollywood here I come!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Family-owned aerospace biz throws a wrench in Boeing IP lawsuit

Boeing is being sued for allegedly stealing IP and ripping off tools built by family-owned company Wilson Aerospace to assemble components used for NASA’s Space Launch System rocket and the International Space Station.

The 74-page complaint [PDF] filed with the Western District Court of Washington accused Boeing of stealing Wilson Aerospace’s flagship product, the Fluid Fitting Torque Device (FFTD).

[…]

2 Likes

cool video on today’s APOD:

8 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes