Spaaaaace

3 Likes

France Dog GIF by Puglie Pug

7 Likes

I hope they get the proper rise out of it!

2 Likes

at $38 million, it’s certainly a lot less dough than other options

2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes

Re: For All Mankind, Season 4, Ep 6:

Yup. Was waiting for the union. Really didn’t expect Ed to be on the correct side, though I suppose his motivation isn’t exactly altruistic. (Also: given the redirection of Goldilocks to Earth instead of Mars, are we looking at a more interesting ending to the series than I could have anticipated? Apocalyptic, like? I hope so. It would solve solve the problem of the series timeline leapfrogging the present day neatly)

1 Like
3 Likes

it was bit frustrating; its way to dangerous trying to bring this big puppy into an earth orbit; I immediately thought “come on! just bring it into a lunar orbit”. would be way saver, almost as good as earth orbit (lunar 3He-to-earth infrastructure already build) and with a little luck and patience, you could bring it even down onto the lunar surface in one piece. maaaan.

2 Likes
4 Likes

They have cookies t-shirts.

4 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

OTOH, the previous space race led to a whole lot of very cool advances. OTOH, this smells too much of militarization of space. I do not question for one second that China would do so if they could, just not sure they have the oomph yet. But I am guessing that the military brass are absolutely loving the possibility of stationing weapons platforms in spots that command the whole of the Earth’s surface. Would require a lotta funding, and Congress is not currently able to find its collective ass with both hands.So I am filing this under “interesting thoughts” until further info appears.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’m thinking that they and us have already done a bunch of this. With those military mini space shuttles on our side.

6 Likes

i love that this is now part of the permanent history of space exploration. i can only hope that “taters” will be extra credit ( 3 points at least please ) on elementary school pop quizzes, right along side laika and buzz aldrin…

( and she didn’t even have to leave the house :joy_cat: )

4 Likes

Unfortunately the video was preceded by two unskippable ads for vitamins and a get-rich -quick scheme.

5 Likes