Spaaaaace

They’ve used the Canadarm2 to capture the SpaceX capsule before:

I haven’t been able to find whether the Starliner has whatever attachment points would be needed for the arm to interface with, though…

4 Likes

I keep saying roboticists need to spend more time developing mechanical arms that end in cartoony gloved hands for maximum versatility.

6 Likes

[China plans to hit, study 100-foot-wide near-Earth asteroid by 2030 (interestingengineering.com)]

4 Likes

I think only the cargo vehicles Dragon, Cygnus and HTV are designed to be captured and berthed by Canadarm2.
Like you said, surprisingly little information.
All Boeing has online about the Starliner is basically PR blurb on how great it is and pretty pictures. One of the great and innovative things improving human spaceflight apparently is all about using the same LED ambient lighting as in some of Boeing’s airliners. So we’ve got that going for us, which is great.
The other day I tried to find details about the service module, especially the plumbing, zilch.

ETA:
The wallpaper one can download from Boeing’s Starliner webpage, though:

5 Likes

…Inspector gadget
come back in this rocket
Inspector gadget
come back to this socket…

3 Likes

I always feel slightly intimidated when someone busts out the highly technical scientific jaragon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Play the soundtrack to 2001: A Space Odyssey while viewing this image:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Did you see their logo?

It seems everybody love Star Trek…

7 Likes

Space nerds of the World, unite!

5 Likes

maybe there are so many different uniforms and com-badges in star trek, because they’re all from different organizations with the same name. no one talks about it “in universe” in order to keep the peace… :thinking:

4 Likes

I noticed they change the uniforme, badges, comm badges from time to time. Like they were fashion freaks.

will ferrell omg GIF

A Spectre is haunting the Galaxy. It is the spectre of the…

Funny. Now I realize They don’t have a name for the ideology that drives their lives…

ETA

Hmmm…

Maybe It could explain some inconsistences of the show.

5 Likes

main-qimg-6ec69cd73c56f7d124dcb3be124d8b75-lq

9 Likes

No, no, no…

8 Likes

SpaceX’s Falcon anomaly could have serious implications for the space industry

2 Likes
3 Likes

I have no idea if these products are good, but It seems a nice thing to squander my money.

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

ESA starts work on planetary defence mission, because Bruce Willis is retired

2 Likes