Spaaaaace

Ok, hear me out, don’t say no right away, trapped after a 8 day space tour. It’s the dark, gritty reboot of Gilligan’s Island! We just need to cast a billionaire and his wife (3rd or 4th would work), two goofy guys, I’m assuming one of the astronauts could play a professor. Suni can take the part of Ginger (sorry, Elon). Just need a Mary Ann.

4 Likes

Thrusters, software, teflon seals, politics and hot Hoover action off camera.

3 Likes

“There are far, far cheaper upper stages that could be used for the rocket’s primary function to launch the Orion spacecraft to lunar orbit, including United Launch Alliance’s reliable (and ready) Centaur V upper stage. With Starship and New Glenn, NASA will also soon have two very powerful commercial super heavy lift rockets to draw upon.”

Centaur V looks good.
But putting “Starship” and “soon” in one sentence in the context of “next super heavy booster” is a bit of a stretch.

3 Likes

They already did a show that was “Gilligan’s Island but in Space.”

Two if you count Star Trek: Voyager. (Though the latter did eventually dial back on the “this might just be our ticket home!” plots a bit.)

6 Likes

If anything, it’s the reeboot of Marooned as a sitcom.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Kessler Syndrome, 1 step at a time.

5 Likes

It’s the long, slow way to building a Dyson sphere.

4 Likes

Hmmm, Earth != Sun. I’ve never heard of a Dyson sphere described as surrounding a planet.

3 Likes

That’s the kind of sphere you build to hide from aliens.
Or when experiments with fusion reactors are a teensy-weensy bit too successful.

4 Likes

Maybe enough debris in orbit will provide us with enough shade to counteract global warming?

lMaZoU

4 Likes

As soon as I hit post I knew this was coming.

5 Likes

Scientists propose warming up Mars by using heat-trapping ‘glitter’

5 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Blasting Mars With Glitter Most Efficient Way to Make It Habitable

for unicorns.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Someone has decided earth needs a tin foil helmet.

4 Likes