SpaceX President/COO's email to staff praising their boss does not make Musk's sexual harassment settlement disappear

Originally published at: SpaceX President/COO's email to staff praising their boss does not make Musk's sexual harassment settlement disappear | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I bet most of the men who worked for Bill Cosby or Jeffrey Epstein never personally witnessed them rape anyone, but that doesn’t mean the allegations against those men weren’t credible.

23 Likes

“…unless you count all the times he sold dope disguised as a nun!”

3 Likes

Nothing says I’m innocent like a billionaire paying a quarter of a million dollars to silence someone.

If you’ve got money to burn (literally), and a reputation that matters, you know what you’d do…

3 Likes

The fact that this COO sent this message at all is a sign of a possibly unhealthy power dynamic between her and her boss. She may have felt coerced to send this message to the company and may herself have a legal case from an HR perspective. If you do it to your COO, you likely also do it to your service personnel.

4 Likes

It would be nice for SpaceX or Musk to tell us why they gave her $250k but we know that won’t happen.

The former flight attendant is in breach of the NDA associated with that payout/agreement. SpaceX and Musk are failing to acknowledge it’s existence because then they will be in breach as well and will lose their high ground on whatever legal maneuver they try next to shut her up.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I will never comment on any legal matters involving employment issues. […] I believe the allegations to be false

14 Likes

I’ve sung Shotwell’s well deserved praises in the past, but all her accomplishments in the past mostly now serve to show how just greasy and low this is.

5 Likes

In 20 years I have not seen Elon’s penis, therefore the allegations are false.

6 Likes

“In 20 years I have not seen Elon’s penis, therefore I do not believe he has a penis.”

2 Likes

Great, so in six months when more allegations are released you can resign.

1 Like

“Personally, I believe the allegations to be false; not because…” he signs my paycheck, but because he’s signed my paycheck… “for 20 years…”

Is my inference taking anything out of context?

2 Likes

Personally I’ve never met Elon Musk, so how can we be sure he exists at all?

1 Like

This is really disappointing to see from Shotwell. However, after reading his bio a few years back, the fact that she has survived so long at SpaceX and still kept a job is, uh, telling. Evidently (and especially in the past), he has basically fired everybody who worked at SpaceX and was close to him. Even the assistant (who I can’t remember her name), who everybody thought was irreplaceable in his eyes.

1 Like

Must mean they have really good blackmail material on him.

2 Likes

For sociopaths like him literally nobody is irreplaceable. His first wife, mother to six of his children, said he used to say “if you were my employee I’d fire you.”

2 Likes

Could be, but she was also the one who managed to make good on some of the wild promises that he made to investors (especially reusability).

1 Like

that alone can make a person a narcissist’s target. i can’t imagine musk likes to share praise

1 Like

I think the flight attendant told a friend prior to the NDA agreement. It’s the friend who is repeating what they know, so the flight attendant is in the clear.

4 Likes