Special counsel Robert Mueller impanels grand jury as Trump-Russia investigation accelerates

The Trumpeters are working to consolidate and lock down control as fast as they can. There is very little chance of voters changing things with the midterms; there is no chance after that. The longer the Trumpists are in power, the less possible resistance becomes.

IMG_0093

Majority of the GOP base “strongly support”, about 90% total support. Less than 10% of the GOP are willing to do so much as express mild disapproval to a pollster. Expect the blue line to skyrocket as soon as he starts bombing brown people somewhere.

I accept that my view is incomplete and fallible, and I understand that others have legitimate reasons for disagreeing with my conclusions. I could be wrong; I’d celebrate as much as anyone else if I am.

But I feel like a 1990’s climate scientist. There is an obvious catastrophe approaching, and there is a way to avoid it. However, that way is difficult, costly and risky; nobody wants to do it. They’d rather wait and see if the situation is really as bad as it looks.

And every day that they wait, the solution becomes more difficult, more costly and less likely to succeed. Once the Reichstag is burning, it’s too late.

The delay/danger curve is exponential, and its increasingly in the vertical part of the graph.

3 Likes