Spies, Lies and Realpolitik

This kinda sounds like they were approached after already living in Australia. No effort to hide their Russian origins, frequent travel there, no Argentinian or Brazilian passport. I don’t think these were sleepers.
Either way, it kinda sounds like an example of this

What information is an army private privy to that is worth an elaborate spying operation?

1 Like

I never said it was a sophisticated or competent attempt at a deep cover operation.

“Hey, you know what, if they’re looking for a spy, they’ll be looking for someone who’s hiding their country of origin… so, if we just don’t pretend not to be Russian, they won’t possibly suspect us of being spies! It’s so stupid, it’s genius!”

2 Likes

I can hear George Smiley suggesting gently that there’s may be some house cleaning, or perhaps a loose end, that you may want to tidy up.

Before the miserable recipient of the suggestion walks out to burn their life in the miserable rain.

Who knows really? One of the things with intelligence is that they get far too clever by half and end up doing at least half of what they claim the enemy is doing. Were more people murdered to keep their games within games running than were saved?

I recall a loyalist massacre done with South African assault rifles (so, courtesy of the British Army. You may recall there were no questions at all about the disposition of the Loyalist arsenal in the lead up to the ceasefire. They had the literal receipts) and an Israeli handgun for finishing off (apparently taken from the RUC),that handgun was handed in by by a loyalist informer who was then told to return it back to the terrorists.

So they went into a bookies and sprayed it with bullets with their saffer rifles and walked around finishing off with the Israeli small gun. All courtesy of the British.
Games within games.

It’s the same bullshit with the DEA.

5 Likes

US ‘laptop farm’ man accused of outsourcing his IT jobs to North Korea to fund weapons programs

[…]
The North Korean regime’s industrial-scale use of laptop farming generates hundreds of millions annually, and exists to fund the impoverished hermit nation’s programs to develop weapons of mass destruction, according to the Justice Dept. It’s very interesting to see Uncle Sam repeatedly assert a connection between sanctions-busting outsourced IT workers and the funding of weapons of annihilation. Very interesting indeed.
[…]

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Somehow, I don’t think anyone would be surprised.

4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Germany’s Cologne-Wahn military base has been sealed off after a suspected act of sabotage against its water supply, news outlets reported Wednesday.

The base near Cologne-Bonn airport employs 4,300 soldiers and 1,200 civilians and is also home to a fleet of military aircraft used by Chancellor Olaf Scholz for international travel.

According to news magazine Der Spiegel, authorities told employees at the base not to drink the tap water, as they believed it had been contiminated

2 Likes
2 Likes

:flushed:

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Taylor Swift tweets, not Taylor Swift 's tweets. Sneaky.

2 Likes

They’re on it, though.

3 Likes
4 Likes