Spoof letter has Stanley Kubrick explain the facts of life to a studio exec

[Permalink]

1 Like

love the poster:

4 Likes

So thats what happened to Peter Hyams. I suppose Joseph Kosinski had a lucky escape.

I like this one (plus, it’s real)

We’re talking like “2001 Part II” right, not 2010? Because I like 2010 and I don’t want to feel like some sort of rube for it.

2 Likes

Outstanding. Reminded vividly of Michael O’Donoghue’s very real letter to the editors of Madamoiselle magazine after being cropped out of a cover photo during the heyday of his time on Saturday Night Live. (So full of awesomeness it’s deserving of its own entry)

http://books.google.com/books?id=rkUn4S_OlngC&pg=PT175&lpg=PT175&dq=michael+o’donoghue+letter+to+kick&source=bl&ots=ZpsqNe86sT&sig=2XvtYEIiVO7JrRJOUbC_PkgGrUw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Vn-SU7rfBcHboATdjYHYAw&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAg

1 Like

I think they replaced the moonshiners with russians.

And I also like a lot 2010! :smiley:

1 Like

If you like that you may like this theatrical production adapted from the book in 1979.

1 Like

I once wrote a letter to Stanley Kubrick a few years after 2001 was released. Although I didn’t hear from him directly, I did get a letter from his production company, Polaris Productions, signed by (Marvin?) Perveler, which I believe might have been a brother-in-law of his.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.