Spork multitool

I rocked the PCT with my own personal green spork from Light My Fire–good, lightweight kit. The metal spork? Whatever word conjures up “greenhorn, mildly clueless tool fanatic”. But hey, if it works for you…

1 Like

I think a substantial part of their audience is closer to number two. It consists of (sub)urban people like me who like gadgets like those but mostly treat them as toys. The more useful, the better, but realistically uses are rare and sometimes a little contrived. So ergonomy not all that critical. A spork like this one may disappear in a backpack, briefcase or jacket pocket for most of the year, but once in a while the take-out food people forget your plastic fork and you can reap the fruits of your preparedness.

Of course that is not the imagery usually used to advertise those things.

2 Likes

Finally!

Eating broccoli is such a bitch without a wrench.

3 Likes

True. Actually, I can think of one reason to want a spoon on my multitool – the convenience store doesn’t give away spoons with the small ice cream cartons, and having one with me would let me start nibbling before I get home without having to try to whittle one.

1 Like

It could use an M5 allen key protruding from the side.

CRKT makes good stuff, especially for the price. My pocket knife has been going strong for over 10 years.

1 Like

I have one. It works great as my lunch spoon in the office. I ditched the caribiner immediately.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.