Spotify's chief mansplainer does an abrupt about-face when told he just called out his cult leader

Originally published at: Spotify's chief mansplainer does an abrupt about-face - Boing Boing

7 Likes

PSA: Tidal and Apple pay artists better rates:

15 Likes

I listened to Joe Biden on Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend yesterday. Sure, there were probably a few too many "I’m serious"es and "no joke"s, and the episode was probably edited down somewhat (like all podcasts are), but the man is lucid, compassionate, and coherent. There is no amount of editing that could make Trump sound remotely similar.

34 Likes

“OOOooohhhhhhh”

Only the best and the brightest.

Stick to comedy, Joe.

5 Likes

GIF by Bounce

How about he just… disappears from the public eye and never returns…

26 Likes

I caught that episode too. Not merely coherent, Biden comes across as a thoughtful and genuinely empathetic human being.

The “Biden is senile, that’s why I’m supporting Trump” crowd continue to confound me.

33 Likes

Is that what Rogan was trying to do all this time? Jesus.

14 Likes

Joe Rogan is a worthless POS. I block any channel that features him in anything but a critical light. I can’t watch his videos because he is such a disgusting pig.

18 Likes

They’re parroting their influencers without any actual thought – it’s a self-selected audience of perfect marks for grifters.

20 Likes

I canceled my Spotify account last year because of Rogan. Not really missing it, to be honest.

21 Likes

Me too.

12 Likes

Jamie: (shows it’s actually something that Trump said.)

Guest: “Well that’s the thing about media these days, you got to look into it.”

Rogan: (proceeds to not look into it.)

18 Likes

I did not sign up for a premium account when tempted because of it.

3 Likes

This was quite the pivot, from “whoever said that is insane” to “we were misled yet again by the mass media.”

Would this be “confirmation bias?”

15 Likes
9 Likes

That ship sailed more than decade ago, when he found out that he could play his knucklehead conspiracist comedy persona straight and rake in money from the rubes.

4 Likes

Has his “comedy” ever been more than gaslighting people into doing stupid and disgusting things though?

I feel like that’s always been his only trick.

4 Likes

He wasn’t really a practical joke comic, at least not at first. His stand-up and TV acts parodied a certain type of guy, and over time he became that guy (or perhaps he was that guy all along).

3 Likes

As a young girl growing up with boys who took influence from him I don’t think it was ever an act. The act was convincing liberal execs that it was an act imo. I think “what if we were misogynists who pretend to think misogyny isn’t good so we can make money and hurt women from it” just is what it is.

I think he has always been that.

The cerebral gymnastics to overcome cognitive dissonance was window dressing that isn’t needed anymore.

10 Likes

You’re probably right. Some of his Newsradio co-stars mentioned that he didn’t always stop with the talk about UFOs and such when the cameras were shut off.

5 Likes