Spring allergies are here so I'm rinsing my sinuses out

It’s like the new “Laughing with Salad”, except it’s a NetiPot-ish device.

2 Likes

NeilMed has their own version, the SinusGator. I love mine.

The little NielMed packets are super convenient. They dissolve much easier than table salt.

Diphenhydramine makes me pass out and hallucinate, though.

I had to look up “laughing with salad”.

And yes. That’s very accurate.

I had to look up Martina Hill as well. And I don’t think so, but I would like it to be her.

Professional CV: “Known for Medea, and that Nasendusche advertisement.”

ETA: how the hell do you know those obscure actors?

1 Like

I’m very old. But TBH, I wouldn’t be surprised if I first saw a Knallerfrauen sketch here on BB.

This is no excuse. Maybe for your interest in Nasenduschen, but not in obscure actors.

BTW, I really like the German term. I think happy mutants should take nose showers regularly. :grin:

3 Likes
  1. Many probiotics did not help me. This one did: https://drohhiraprobiotics.com/dr-ohhira-probiotics/dr-ohhiras-original-formula/
    take exactly according to package directions;

see

and

there are many more articles on this connection between gut flora and allergies. I urge you to dig around and find solid advice. Wherever possible, try to ensure cold-storage chain for your probiotics is good.

(lead-free, dishwasher safe, clean in the sterilizing cycle)

1. https://realsalt.com/ and whatever water you feel is best to use

2. During the worst part of allergy season, avoid sugar in all forms to avoid creating more of your own suffering.

3. Gather your own data, check in with your body 6 weeks in. How’s it feel? Better? Worse? Same?

Good luck!

So, I’m gonna take a tangent here. Apparently, something is in bloom near my house, because my cats are sniffly and sneezing, so apparently my sinus irritation and asthma symptoms are not “just because”, and they’re sharing in the misery.

Knowing that you can’t lavage a sober cat’s sinuses without risking life and limb, does anyone have suggestions for dealing with “cat cold”?

1 Like

I don’t think she’s so obscure in Germany. She’s probably right up there with May Warden and Freddie Frinton.

BTW, I really like the German term.

Me too. You might like Ben Schott’s book:

1 Like

A more reproducible recipe is 1/2tsp cooking/pickling salt (no anti-caking agents) and 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda to 500mL cooled boiled water. This buffered solution is kinder to the nasal mucosa.

Like in: She’s on all regional networks around new year’s eve? And also on the national network?

What?

Or like in: people don’t know her name but assume everyone in the UK knows at least that one particular thing of hers?

Seriously, I had to google her.

And I would love her to be that nose shower laughing woman. Does she have a twitter handle to ask her if she is?

Oddly enough, Dinner For One is practically unknown in the UK, where it is never shown except as part of shows about how strange other Northern European countries are for showing it every year.

And I would love her to be that nose shower laughing woman. Does she have a twitter handle to ask her if she is?

She sure looks like the same person, though TBH all blonde actresses between 25 and 50 look pretty much the same to me.

I’m not on the twitter, but you could try @knallerfrauen.

TBC, that’s exactly was I was alluding to.
Martina Who?

And what is this Knallerfrauen you keep talking about? Shouldn’t this thread rather be about Supernasen?

Ok, I think I might now need a beer.
And to see myself out.
Would you hold my beer while I open the door?

Fair enough. I guess I just assumed that as Germany’s one(*) actually funny comedian she’d be well known.

(*) OK, Henning Wehn is also funny(**), but as he lives in England I expect nobody in Germany knows who he is.

(**) As are the people who write the EDEKA commercials.

I know him, and I got the tip from a German, so he’s virtually widely known.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.