Sriracha Ketchup from Heinz will soon be a thing

My dad at the end of his career was more and more involved in marketing, and his reaction to the article was polar opposite to mine. I was concerned about the reaction of locals around the processing facility, he was convinced Huy Fong would tank because they didn’t have any decent PR person and a marketing team to put the product out there.

1 Like

Better than mayo?

I’ll try it, I guess.

Hunh. Sriracha and mustard. Never thought of that. Although mustard + mayo (“zorka sauce”) was an oft-seen occurence on our plates, growing up.

1 Like

I don’t like Oatmeal.

Little Big Burger in Portland put Sriracha in their Catsup. It took them a while to get through the FDA approval process when they wanted to market it outside their restaurants and it looks like they had to officially remove Sriracha and replace it with their own variation. I wouldn’t be surprised if Heinz made it difficult for them, being more politically connected and established. It is possible this deal with Sriracha was already in the works then too. Anyway, try Camden’s.

http://www.camdenscatsup.com/

This is as pointless and inane as:

2 Likes

If I admitted I like a savory sriracha oatmeal served with grilled prawns on top, could we still be friends?

It’s like spicy savory grits in that regard.

#G-d Hates Shrimp

so, no.

1 Like

How about Sriracha Salad Cream?

1 Like

I haven’t tried Huy Fung’s Sriracha, but the other ones I have tried were unimpressive.

I’m still trying to find a good chilli sauce that doesn’t have sugar or onion in it (Garlic is OK, it doesn’t make me ill for some reason), and is easily available in the UK. If I get enough lemon drop chillies this year I willl try to make my own sauce from them.

2 Likes

So, I dunno about UK, but, Huy Fong Chili Garlic. No sugar, no onions.

I agree - I love hot sauce, but Sriracha is too vinegary and not hot enough for me. Give me Cholula or any of the Mexican sauces any day of the week.

Only two options for grilled cheese:
Worcestershire sauce
or
HP Sauce

The missus puts soy on hers, but she puts soy on EVERYTHING.

Also good like that are wasabi, pesto, or a bit of minced garlic.

I can get it in the UK, but the price is insane if I don’t buy it in bulk.

Thanks anyway, I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise.

I don’t mind it, but I don’t think it is general purpose enough, it clashes with some flavours.

Cholula doesn’t have sugar or onion listed in its ingredients, and is available from Tesco and Asda. I think it’s good, but that’s just my opinion, I’m no expert.

Why are there only two options? Why are people so militant about this? No one can just fucking suggest other options. Everything other people do is always wrong. Not different, fucking wrong. It makes the Internet such a boring place.

Per your suggestions, Worcestershire has anchovies, so as a vegetarian I don’t eat it. And I find HP atrocious. By your rigid, stupid standards I don’t have any options for grilled cheese.

1 Like

You might find the internet more relaxing if you just mentally prepend all statements with “For me…”, or “In my view”. I mean, sure, everyone could always start with “In my personal opinion, and you may not agree, and hey, that’s fine” to every post ever, but it just seems a lot easier if we all take that for granted.

I mean, you know, just my opinion. You can do it your way if you prefer.

5 Likes

Beats me, but I’ll mix and match just about everything and will occasionally even have some cheese with my chutneymustardmayosrirachaHPketchupBBQsauce-on-toast.

Autocondimentors FTW.

1 Like

While normally that’s my standard practice (pretending everyone is saying things with “for me” instead of just being pricks), it’s about how people write that makes it very difficult.

@woodster said “Only two options for grilled cheese,” which automatically invalidates what I enjoy. Instead of saying “Better options for grilled cheese are…” You can still mentally put “I think…” in front, but he’s instead saying “what you like isn’t for me” rather than “what you like is so outlandish that you might as well be putting assorted sizes and shapes of nails on your grilled cheese, you’re so wrong.”

Well, me. At least, I want to see what this stuff tastes like on fries and burgers and things before dismissing it. Sounds potentially tasty!

1 Like