Stable genius Donald Trump gives us a crash course on U.S. history in hilarious video

Like… cheese? :cheese: :thinking:

7 Likes

A lot of Americans have difficulty understanding that countries other than the USA have their own culture, celebrities, and media. This makes it easy to confuse, for example, the Arrogant Worms and Three Dead trollies in a Baggie because how could another country have more than one musical comedy group?

5 Likes

That was a semi-staple on Dr Demento.

3 Likes

It’s also interesting how they got “we ambushed their soldiers from our cotton fields” out of “they tried charging our line of fortifications under the cover of fog, but the fog lifted”. America has this weird mythos that they somehow didn’t have real armies and field battles just like everyone else.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Much as I love to blame the US for just about everything, that misattribution between the groups, mostly of the Worms getting credit for Trolls songs, has been around a while and is probably a case of homegrown confusion.

4 Likes

It’s obviously my rush to put all the responsibility on the USA because how could some other country possibly cause the confusion. :laughing:

I’ve also seen lots of trollies and Worm songs attributed to Weird Al. Although I’ll joke about how the USA like I did above, I know it’s a larger phenomenon of “non-geeks” not familiar enough with the material to know more than one or two artists.

5 Likes

He’s a fascist, that’s the problem.

11 Likes

Don’t blame this on mental illness. As @mindysan33 notes, he’s a fascist. He doesn’t debate because he doesn’t have to. He has more than half of the Republican vote (i.e. the Know-Nothing 27%) already sewn up, he’s up to his neck in legal troubles, and he’s supported by a party of cowards and opportunists. He’s knowingly treating the Republican debates as what they are: an audition for his VP slot.

14 Likes

But back in the day he was so sharp and articulate in his hatred of other races!

10 Likes

Right! Just so eloquent in his racism, that we had to listen… it’s so sad what’s happened to him!

Sorry Fake Cry GIF by Trevi Moran

9 Likes

Well…

There are some pretty sharp ones out there…

5 Likes

Whoosh!

2 Likes

via @MikeR

7 Likes

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

9 Likes

Although I’ve seen cartoons, and it’s not unusual for people to look like Turkey when you’re Hungary enough.

4 Likes

Canadians love to take credit but in fact the guys who did the deed were troops (mostly Irish, if I remember right) up from their post in Bermuda.

2 Likes

Like Hitler :wink:

2 Likes

Well, actually…

It’s the same building, but it was heavily damaged and required extensive repairs, including being painted white to cover up the charring.

4 Likes
5 Likes