Stable genius Donald Trump gives us a crash course on U.S. history in hilarious video

Originally published at: Stable genius Donald Trump gives us a crash course on U.S. history in hilarious video | Boing Boing

3 Likes

How does cheese go through countries?

15 Likes

I much prefer the Prachett version (I paraphrase), he went through villages like prunes through a grandmother.

20 Likes

Like a fine Casu Martzu.

16 Likes

Hey, I thought the Canadians did burn the Whitehouse down, in the War of 1812. At least, thats what it says in the song ”The War of 1812”, by the Arrogant Worms.

12 Likes

And people think that the movie Idiocracy was an exaggeration?

9 Likes

My interpretation is that he is saying Hitler went through the countries as easily as he would cut through cheese.

I think the Russians would disagree with that but what are facts between friends?

9 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure why that one’s on here. Today We Celebrate the Time Canada Burned Down the White House | Smart News| Smithsonian Magazine

10 Likes

Yeah, but cheese doesn’t generally cut that easy. The phrase is usually going through something like a hot knife through butter.

8 Likes

I know who cut the cheese here and it wasn’t the Nazis.

See also drinking bleach to cure COVID and looking directly into the sun during an eclipse. When 25% of the population sees this guy as a genius, that’s more than enough to get us to a future point where we’re doing the equivalent of watering plants with sports drinks.

15 Likes

It was a documentary. The script writer and director are time travelers.

5 Likes

For some reason this song just popped into my head.

10 Likes

Technically, it was the British, although the War of 1812 did involve Canada (then a British possession) so maybe we can give him that one?

Like many of the things that Trump says, you can usually guess what he was trying to say, or what it was that he was thinking about (as in this case). But it’s also very clear that he constantly misremembers or misunderstands things, and that he’s utterly unable to shape his vague stew of ideas into any kind of clear speech. It’s astonishing to me that anyone can keep up the pretense that he’s some kind of brilliant thinker when the evidence of his serious cognitive decline is constantly on display.

And it is a decline. I don’t think he’s ever been intellectually brilliant. He is a superior manipulator, but not a superior thinker. But older recordings of him show a man who was reasonably articulate. His current combination of unstructured ramblings and borderline word salad is the product of a mind in decay, and it’s only going to get worse.

21 Likes

It’s a question of definition. I think the British set out from the land we now call Canada to sack Washington D.C. (following US incursions north of the border). But were they Brits from England/Scotland/Wales or colonial Canadian Brits, or what? Probably a multi-national group of redcoats, I’d speculate?

6 Likes

Well, actually…

It was the British, but we Canadians are happy to take credit. The current White House is what replaced the original after the fire. And the song is by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, but it somehow got attributed to The Arrogant Worms.

Okay, you asked for it. Obligs:
(Warning: sort of rude about Americans. Sorry.)

13 Likes

Apologies to the Three Deads! Now nostalgic for the days of Napster and 1mbps ADSL connections shared by neighbours over 10BaseT.

5 Likes

“When I was a young man, I studied Medieval Times…”

9 Likes

I watched the video hoping to see a reference to the German attack on Pearl Harbor.
Leaving disappointed.

11 Likes

What could be more American than teaching children to celebrate killing enemies in a pointless battle that started after the war had already ended?

Sure it was a stupid and pointless battle, but we killed lots of British people, yay. And someday kids you too might grow up to fight for the US military and get to poinlessly kill people. Then someone might make a song to celebrate you. :confetti_ball:

9 Likes