Donald Trump meets instant karma when he calls Biden "impaired" and then warns of "WWII"

Originally published at: Donald Trump meets instant karma when he calls Biden "impaired" and then warns of "WWII" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

20 Likes

We have always been at war.

19 Likes

So, if Biden is going to lead America in WW2; which side will Donnie be on?

18 Likes

I’ve heard of Holocaust denialism, but denying the entire war is a new one.

20 Likes

Unfortunately this is so easy for them to dismiss as, “world war, too,” because dear leader doesn’t make mistakes.

9 Likes
20 Likes

I feel like his speech patterns are becoming more childlike. Dog, I hope he gets put in jail while he can still understand what’s going on.

18 Likes

If by World War II he means fighting Nazis, he is correct: we are continuing to fight them even now.

10 Likes

I’m gonna give Trump a pass on the “World War Two” thing because he was reading off a teleprompter and his staff made the mistake of putting it down at “WW III” , similar to how we commonly see WW II mentioned. I think most people might make a similar mistake because we are all so engrained with that one … seeing the three III takes a moment.

Same thing if someone wanted to say “Super Bowl 117” wrote “Super Bowl CXVII” in a speech… no way… you write it World War Three or World War 3.

However, he’s also dumb as fuck so he wouldn’t realize what he just said and correct himself right then… or at all… which makes if even more funny/cringeworthy/sad as he plows ahead with his ramblings.

5 Likes

Confused Confusion GIF

Since we don’t know what was on the teleprompter (or IF he used a teleprompter), I’m going with a no. There is no way anyone would confuse WWII with WWIII when reading off a teleprompter unless they’re illiterate. Also, this doesn’t explain how he confused Obama with Biden, and 2016 and 2020.

16 Likes

I just saw a new type of ad on here, and I really hope BB rethinks it. It was a full page modal that was both obnoxious, and broke scrolling when I dismissed it. I had to reload the page.

4 Likes

Once again, we see that Donald Trump can’t be trusted with national secrets. He just revealed to everyone that the US has working time travel technology.

7 Likes

Popcorn flies at my smiling face as I wait for Trump to go into some sort of fugue state while tunelessly humming his way into blank-eyed oblivion.

4 Likes

Well known by the entire world as being a prolific, life-long reader, Trump must have simply spoken what he saw on the teleprompter.

5 Likes

Why would you assume that? This was part of the same speech where he said how he beat Obama in 2016, and I very much doubt his writers put that line in.

Trump usually treats the words on a teleprompter as a suggestion at best before launching into his own long-winded chain-of-consciousness rants. Listen to the words that actually come out of his mouth and you’ll realize nobody writes shit like that.

16 Likes

I’m not saying he’s quoting the prompter verbatim, but even with a few bullet points that one is possible to misread. I deal with prompters almost every day and the dimwits that have to read from them. Something like “World War III” would never be typed out like that, just like difficult words are highlighted in a different colour and shown phonetically.

The Obama stuff is just Barrack living rent-free in Trump’s mind 24/7.

IF his staff did indeed type out WW II , then he read it correctly, said it correctly, but is too thick to realize the error.

4 Likes

Indeed I find it difficult to imitate “Trump-speak” because it is difficult to resist the urge to form complete sentences.

10 Likes

Plausible, but how do you come by that information? I’d give a pass too if I witnessed a “lightbulb moment”, that moment when someone realizes they have spoken in error and owns it. Though misspeaking and misspelling are ultimately trivial errors, it would not surprise me to see the Gilded Turd “flip” this incident and use it as a springboard for a salvo of insults hurled at his opponents(or claim it’s fake). I expect t-shirts are forthcoming. And regarding campaign merchandise, campaign merchandise is ADVERTISING. Again, it’s ADVERTISING. The Unsilent Minority joyously pays for the “privilege” to advertise instead of the advertiser paying them. Is this not the greatest con ever? In my opinion, true decadence is getting people who cannot afford decadence to pay for your decadence.

4 Likes

Has he always been that way? I don’t know. But I believe that his monumental boredom with the act of having to read anything is what triggers his default mode to spewing random jumbled snatches of all things that gnaw away at him and while pleasuring himself with the sound of his own voice. His voice (which he’s likely come to believe could get him anything he desired) is nothing more than a pacifier now. Too bad he can’t stop Time.

1 Like