At military parade, Trump celebrates rebels' occupation of airports during American Revolution

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/05/at-military-parade-trump-cele.html

3 Likes

There were so many factual inaccuracies in that speech. Why are people zoning in on this only?

25 Likes

When Trump earlier wrote about “Aircraft one” it wasn’t a misstatement. He referred to the secret prototype that was used back then, but was found so terrifying the church banned it, and it has been hidden away in Area 52 for centuries, giving rise to rumours about UFU:s. Finally the Truth is out!

21 Likes

This is a man with an active vocabulary of about 1,200 words, with a dim memory of what a further 1,000 words might mean. We’re so fucked.

26 Likes

92 million. Pissed away.

38 Likes

I like to think that the in flight food then was better than today.

Rabbit
Sweet Potato Pie
Collards
Wild Boar
West Indies Rum
Washington’s Rye Whiskey

Although due the absence of microwaves then seating would have been quite smoky due to the warming fire.

US Park Servive -$2.5 Million

There have been several deaths as result of car crashes on a particular stretch of the GW Parkway near me due to speeding and or reckless driving. Mainly because there supposedly are no monies available for Park Police to hire additional rangers to monitor the roadways. Local politicians were trying to get studies initiated and to try and find money to help fund more patrols. Not any more I’m guessing. And more people will die on the Parkway as a result.

Note: US Park Police have sole jurisdiction of US Parkways. State and local police do not but, can assist in the case of emergencies only.

22 Likes

I saw the headline from Rolling Stone and assumed it was just clickbait.Then USA Today ran it.

Oh fuck, he really is that stupid.

25 Likes

Yeah, but you could smoke your pipe on the plane back then so nobody really cared.

9 Likes

46 Likes

Obligatory

30 Likes

He couldn’t even get Ivanka, Jared or Little Donnie junior to attend his play date.

Sad.

30 Likes

Another error: Fort McHenry was defended in the Battle of Baltimore in 1814, during the War of 1812, not during the Revolutionary War.

46 Likes

History is his for the taking.

14 Likes

Well - now we know why they called Pence back from that jet ride without explanation.

They thought the brain worms had eaten the last neuron and it was finally 25th amendment time.

24 Likes

24 Likes

And he was attempting to read off the teleprompter, right?

I expect weird shit when he’s rolling improv off the cuff (and off the leash), but this seems worse than usual.

17 Likes

Also too:

13 Likes

Idiocracy.

16 Likes

This is what happens when you go off script… or did the script writer put that in, never thinking it wouldn’t be edited out.

2 Likes

Funny thing is. We piss away so much money in this country it’s hard for me to think of 92m as anything more than a blip on the chart.

2 Likes