Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will include an animatronic Hondo Ohnaka

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/01/star-wars-galaxys-edge-will.html

3 Likes

Galaxy’s Edge is said to pull quite a bit from Clone Wars / Rebels, including animatronic Loth-cats. I’m glad Hondo is getting a big role (he’s going to be hosting/narrating the Millennium Falcon ride) – I’d love it if Cad Bane made an appearance.

3 Likes

Hondo is one of the better non-Original-Trilogy characters. A bit stereotypical, yes, but fun.

I’m working on a print project for Disney that is probably doomed for a myriad of reasons. If we do pull it off, it would be cool if they invited us to down to see it and the new Star Wars section.

1 Like

I thought, “What does that have to do with a phone?”

3 Likes

I lost absolutely all interest whatsoever in the Star Wars universe after wasting good money to see Phantom Menace.

1 Like

That’s a lot of excellent TV shows and movies to ignore.
If you like the original trilogy, you would definitely enjoy the Clone Wars and Rebels shows as well as the Rogue One movie.

1 Like

The Phone Awakens, right?

3 Likes

Took me a moment. Nice one.

2 Likes

020b4ca096ccae00fcd9d62a24b01a1f

2 Likes

oh crap that voice is the winnie the pooh/ pegleg pete voice actor guy isnt it.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how fluid and natural that robot’s movements seem to be.

2 Likes

With some sympathetic lighting in the film, I’m thinking it will look even better. I can see that working with an anamatronic might be limiting for the production crew, forcing them to use more static set-ups; however, that might be better than the lack of limits imposed by working this CGI.

That was probably a great job interview for the hosting gig.

“Nobody’s ever gone wrong trusting Hondo Ohnaka…”

1 Like

Hmm. Fluid and natural human movements. Granted he’s humanoid, but the muscles, bones and joints won’t be quite the same.

I guess there’s no point in trying to make fluid and natural alien movements when you want the character to seem lifelike to the audience.

1 Like

All contemporary Star Wars adaptations are separated from the release of The Phantom Menace by more time than the prequels were separated from the original trilogy.

1 Like

realistic alien animatronics at disney? https://youtu.be/MlY59b85mso?t=222

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.