Star Wars icon Carrie Fisher dead at 60

Sigh.

21 Likes

Carrie is one with the force and the force is with her.

RIP Princess.

9 Likes

Goodnight, sweet Princess, / and flights of X-wings guide thee to thy rest.

13 Likes

It’s like some invisible star of death is aligning in the Earth’s horoscope.

13 Likes

My second favorite role of hers.

1 Like

Seems like it’s already landed.

6 Likes

Carrie Fisher, best known for her work in Under the Rainbow, Blues Brothers, The 'Burbs, and a couple of genre movies largely ignored by the critics.

20 Likes

Godspeed, Carrie. You have become more powerful than any of us could ever imagine.

[resumes weeping, burns every 2016 calendar in the house]

16 Likes

Lemmy, in true form, was Herald to the Apocalypse.

26 Likes

2016: Maximum Sad Face

4 Likes

Make that 11:59:60, 2016 have a leap second…

14 Likes

Don’t go giving it anymore than it has. Save that second for 2020.

4 Likes

Can’t forget Leonard Cohen.

13 Likes

And the rest, unfortunately…

What’s another one though, right? 2016 is determined to finish the way it started.

Fuck you, 2016.

21 Likes

I’m not sure how David Gest makes the list of important celebrity deaths. Seriously? I think you missed a couple that had a little more impact on most people. Florence Henderson, Alan Thicke, even Zsa Zsa, not to mention a dozen more.

1 Like

2016 shot first.

16 Likes

I think that collage was created before Henderson, Thicke, and Gabor passed away.

3 Likes

Knowing 2016 the way I do, I’m willing to bet that 2016 would enjoy that.

5 Likes

2016 started with me being a pallbearer for three different funerals, and I find that I have begun to attend more funerals than weddings. So I’m wondering if all of these significant deaths that everyone keeps cursing the anthropomorphic year about are more a sign that we’re all just getting older and the important celebrities that matter to us are dying, but that if we were still in our teens and twenties, it wouldn’t seem nearly as bad as it seems to the rest of us. (I don’t have a teenager handy to ask and verify this, but I really can’t imagine an average 15 year old being too grieved about Leonard Cohen, Gene Wilder, or Muhammad Ali. Maybe Carrie Fisher. Maybe.)

If it really is a function of our own progress into old age, then, seriously, we really only have it getting exponentially worse in the coming years, so we all best get used to it.

13 Likes

RIP

19 Likes