Star Wars opening crawl in HTML and CSS

[Permalink]

1 Like

I predict a rash of remixes…

Edit: with any luck, some will be good.

1 Like

He had me at StarWars = (function() {, I had no idea I’d been waiting to see that written…

2 Likes

Quick and dirty remixes are easy for anybody who wants to try. Just scroll down the HTML pane and change the crawl text to whatever suits your fancy. You can also move/roll up the edit windows and/or make the browser full screen to make it a little larger.

Have fun!

1 Like

Even better, click the text and then start typing gibberish. Suddenly Star Wars is a comedy.

Arrow keys work too… it’s a pretty cool implementation.

1 Like

Someone had to do it: http://i.imgur.com/q85zCzn.png

3 Likes

obligatory “The Force Is Strong With This One” comment.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only developer.

1 Like

I’ve seen many parodies with the same text effect on the web over the past few years, but I don’t know if I have actually seen somebody just do the original.

This guy did a good parody:

And I’ve seen it used on 404 pages too:
http://sua.umn.edu/404page

1 Like

Is it okay to swipe the code on this? I assume? Because since they put the code right out there…I write online training and seems like a fun way to jazz up a text heavy training.

I’m thrilled to be able to turn off that damn justification!

I rewrote the script, but when I recorded it playing with the music and uploaded it I got a music violation. But here is my text.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far,
far away…

It is a period of Crazy war.
Empire politicians, striking
from an undisclosed location,
have won their latest victory
against the evil liberal
population of Rebels.

During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire’s
ultimate weapon, the DICK
CHENEY, a heartless
Empire leader using military Force
to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire’s
sinister agents, Princess
Warren races home in her
Prius, custodian of the
stolen plan that can save
her people and restore
freedom to the planet…

Can haz yakety sax?

FTFY

Very nice!

I zalogified the i̴nt̸ro̶, but it messes up too much the C̨S̶S and gave up.
Proof that Ẕ͕͖̥͇̖͕̥́͠alg͍o couldn̹͖̩̪̬̤̱̹’̡̡̧͖̬t̛̗͙̪̦͡ go in sp͙̯̬̰̲̥̣͢a̭̙̩͡c̶̢̪̪̘͢ͅe a long timę͍̜̤ ̻͡a̸̖̬̙̟͎̟̱̺͟g̟͝o̖͚̼̖͉̝̮̣ in a g̶̨̤̲̲̪̣à̖͈̠̻̗̲͉͘͝l͔̠̰̲̮͍̝̼͘͝ͅà̸̻̲͖̝ͅx̖͎̖͈͠y͍̠̥̝̹, fa̧͑̀r̷̐͗́, ̸̛̒ͬͯ͑ͫ͢fa̢ͦr͛̋ͫ̈ͪ̋̆́̚͢ ̴̃ͣ́ả͐̏ͮ͏wa̵̢͗y̌̌̊͒̂̾ͧ.ͤͨ̈́ͧ̆̑̀ͤ͠.̧̉ͣ̆ͥͬ.ͣ̍̔͆̽̋ͪ͘ ̐̽̆ͤ̎͟but ̺̻͖̮ḥ͈̥̗̣̻̺́͞o̲̤̞̻͔̝͝ẁ͕͙̣ ab̶̖̼̰͇͈̲͠͠o͙̺͖͈̬̞̠̺u͏̯̤̟t̡͖͈̗͖͓͝ͅ ̛̣̣͇̜̥̤̖̕ṋ͝ow̞͍̰͉͢͞?͇̯͡!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.