Star Wars Outlaws looks intriguing, but is it doomed by its developer?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/11/star-wars-outlaws-looks-intriguing-but-is-it-doomed-by-its-developer.html

1 Like
1 Like

Even if it looks good it’s Ubisoft. The game won’t work online at launch, it may crash and it will have at least one game-breaking game save bug.

1 Like

Feature, not bug.

2 Likes

They aren’t my flavor; but, in fairness to Ubisoft, they typically have the open world side-objective-em-up formula fairly well dialed in.

Skull and Bones suggests that things are deeply troubled in Ubisoft Singapore; but (while it would absolutely not be a triumph of creativity and pathbreaking game design); it would be a bit surprising if Star Cry didn’t end up landing fairly comfortably in the 70-80 critic average, 75%-ish recommend, spot that Far Cries generally land in.

3 Likes

Am I the only one still holding out hope for a Grand Theft Auto-like set in Coruscant?

It’s not exactly the same (“long time ago”, “galaxy far far away” and whatnot), but I have been saying for literally decades that they should make either a futuristic, cyberpunk GTA with flying cars or an old-timey 1920s gangsters-with-tommyguns version. If there aren’t enough car options in the latter, make it some kind of steampunk alternate universe thing. It still blows my mind that nobody has bothered to do either of these, they seem so incredibly obvious.

2 Likes

Don’t you count Mafia here?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.