Star Wars: Visions — watch the fantastic trailer for the new anime series

Originally published at: Star Wars: Visions — watch the fantastic trailer for the new anime series | Boing Boing

1 Like

I am all over this with both feet .I didn’t realized this was coming out.

Fuck yeah, Boba Fett!

Who ever the fuck this guy is, I am all over. It looks like an RA-7 droid.

4 Likes

Appropriate that the franchise is coming full circle back to the land of The Hidden Fortress.

5 Likes

Also - in this vein, someone did an amazing fan animation using an Anime style. (It’s and older style, but it checks out.)

This was awhile ago and I always thought it looked AMAZING. They could have made this a series and I’d be all over it too. I hope this guy is getting paid to do amazing things.

7 Likes

This is on the same level of cool as The Animatrix was. Putting a franchise like Star Wars into the hands of creatives with a different cultural base from its original creators is always going to lead to interesting output.

5 Likes

That voice talent list looks incredible! Excited for this.

And this is one of the most anime things I’ve ever seen:

8 Likes

“How many blades does my lightsabre have? All of them. ALL THE BLADES!!!” :robot:

This does look pretty darn neat; and the John Williams’ score does its usual job of ramping up the excitement.

2 Likes

Looks pretty awesome but I was kind of surprised to not see a single scene featuring Mr. Spock? Seems like his character and facial features would work well in the anime style.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.