Starbucks now offers meat and pepper in your coffee

Nope.
Execpt that I usually have a large one.
But in the same time it takes to get one at Starbucks, you can buy a coffee machine, coffee, filters, what have you, rent a little apartment with a pantry, and brew it yourself.
If you hurry, there might be enough time for an impromptu pottery session to make your own cups.

4 Likes

As someone who regularly uses coffee (espresso beans) in beef marinade, personally I think it’s an interesting idea. I wouldn’t buy it, god no, but it’s interesting…

5 Likes

I prefer to travel light so I’m not going to carry coffee supplies with me. Besides, most hotels and resturants make coffee as good or better than Starbucks.

1 Like

In many hotels that I’ve been in recently, the coffee IS Starbucks.

1 Like

EXACTLY as good as Starbucks

3 Likes

If it were a beer, I’d totally try it. I just don’t like coffee that much unless it’s full of milk and chocolate and sugar.

5 Likes

Okay, I like masturbating as much as anyone else, but seriously starbucks? If this isn’t a foodie public J.O., I don’t know what is.

The ingredient/procedure list on this drink reads like a performance artist explaining to the plebian audience why his slapping his bare ass with bologna is the most esoteric form of art, and we’re all idiots if we don’t understand that.

This is like teavana’s “monkey picked oolong” for which the ad copy reads:
"As legend has it, ancient Buddhist Monks trained monkeys to gather the youngest leaves from the tip-top of wild tea trees for this special Imperial Reserve blend. The legend lives on, now with the deft hand-plucking of the broken, evenly sized leaves that unfurl to create a light, orchid aroma, and the highest grade of oolong in the world. "
(or, translated: “we use different primates now, and the tea trees aren’t wild, because honestly training monkeys costs more than asian quasi slave labor, and we can’t control wild trees”.)

5 Likes

The were contractually obligated to stick to coffee. Later, they successfully negotiated that down to “coffee”, and now, they are preparing to explore the fitness landscape associated with “coffee-like” substances using a sales based metric.

2 Likes

Oh, is that what it is. I just thought they had lost their fucking minds.

1 Like

I’m saving this quote to print out on sticky notes to put inside the menus at … every single restaurant. They’ve all been infected with this virulent disease now, aside from a few diners and maybe some fast food places.

More than once now, we’ve looked at the menus and then just stood up and left a restaurant to try to find a place that has real food. Actually had the owner of one place follow us to the door saying “No stay, you want breakfast, we can make something! We can make eggs! (We do have eggs, right, Joe?) We can make pancakes, I think!”

2 Likes

4 Likes

pfff! No true hipster would be seen dead in Starbucks.

4 Likes

They’re not run by you or I, mostly.

1 Like

Americano may be a normal coffee shop menu iterm, but try finding somewhere that doesn’t offer you cream (or milk :astonished:) with it.

An Americano is black coffee by definition.

1 Like

If I wanted a meaty hot drink I’d ask for one of these.

Does anyone know if it is still sold at football matches? I know Forest Green Rovers won’t, but they only sell vegan stuff.

5 Likes

what? no veggie jerkey?

1 Like

It certainly was last time I went to a football match - but then that was probably over 16 years ago, so not much of a guide…

A quick google indicates that it was in 2016:

1 Like

They’re not run by sane people. (I’m not sure I’d count myself in that group, either, but sweet baby Azathoth…)

I don’t know about the drink itself, but that beef jerky has got to taste better than the TJ sandwiches (aka cardboard).

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, they didn’t come up with any of these terms. Americanos have been around since WW2 or so; Flat Whites are a popular Australian/NZ drink they brought over. And “skinny” and “dry” are in widespread use well outside of coffeehouses.

Fun fact: the reason “tall” means “small” is that when they opened, the two size choices were “short” (small) and “tall” (large). But ‘short’ wasn’t popular, so it got dropped from the menu, and they added “grande” and “trenta” as people demanded bigger coffee sizes.

1 Like