Starbucks now offers meat and pepper in your coffee

Rise of the idiots…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6APGN1cAs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Don’t get me wrong, I like “fancy” food as much as the next mildly (okay moderately) chubby dad-type, but there’s a point when it stops being an attempt to create taste perfection, and simply becomes some sort of “because I can” (and because I’m better than everyone else) sort of thing.

There’s “craft”, and there’s “creative”, then there’s this…

1 Like

What isn’t? I do not understand the appeal of overpaying for mediocre coffee from a corporation that slaughters local coffee shops and subjects you to horrible customer service and interminable waiting while trying to decide whether to look at the brain-dead posers on their laptops or the strip mall parking lot.

2 Likes

This. I don’t have prize comparison to the US … but over here I can sit in a nice cafe and get my coffee brought to my table in a stoneware mug by some friendly person for the same price as me standing around at a Starbucks waiting for someone to hand me a coffee-like substance in a paper-cup.

Starbucks is for people who want to drink coffee but don’t actually like how coffee tastes.

1 Like

Unless you’re drinking their actual drip coffee or espresso, served to you at your table in a stoneware mug (yes, every Starbucks does this). Which is really quite decent and a sight better than what I was served everywhere when I was in the UK and Switzerland. Their coffee milkshakes are another story, of course.

That is not true.

Every freestanding, company-owned Starbucks in America is indeed supposed to offer stoneware mugs of coffee, yes, which they will serve to you at a table. Drive-ins, mall locations, airports, etc are a different case (and are rarely actually owned/run by Starbucks).

over here = not America

That’s nice. I’m not talking about Europe, I’m saying that Starbucks in America do in fact offer coffee in a stoneware mug. They may also do so in Europe, I have no experience there. Apologies if you misunderstood me.

dont-like-spam

3 Likes

“That’s allright dear; I’ll have your spam.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.