State Farm Insurance backs off support for kids' "GenderCool" book program after pressure from conservatives

Originally published at: State Farm Insurance backs off support for kids' "GenderCool" book program after pressure from conservatives | Boing Boing

10 Likes

As a nation we are back to “praying the Gays away”. The 21st century is looking a lot like the Dark Ages.

20 Likes

Like a Good Neighbor, State Farm will privately support you to keep up good relations, but is a little anxious about rocking the boat with the local bigots on the HOA…

15 Likes

Those good hands have picked up a nightstick.

7 Likes

I think discussions of which insurer to use should be privately held in the home, and as such it’s inappropriate that State Farm be allowed to groom potential future ‘customers’ through any advertising at all. One shouldn’t be able to be targeted with coercive “you should trust State Farm, because lots of other people do” messages from the so-called ‘insured’ mob.

7 Likes

That’s Allstate. This is the guy wearing khakis who sounds “hideous” to overly-paranoid wives on the phone.

6 Likes

Gee, this wouldn’t be an example of that immoral liberal practice, “Cancel Culture”, would it? \s

This is the Reagan conservative’s definition of Good Neighbor - gated neighborhoods and neighbors you only see you if you drive by while they’re checking their mailbox. Otherwise, they won’t answer the door if you knock. Today, they can even call the police on you through their doorbell app!

1 Like

Hey State Farm, a good neighbor has my back. You ain’t that good neighbor, you run from Nazi’s so you can keep your good hands out of my money. It’s truly scary the control the fascist right has over american enterprises.

1 Like

Totally not surprised that Satan Farm would cave in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.