Stefania Follini was isolated in a cave for 131 days for science

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/20/stefania-follini-was-isolated-in-a-cave-for-131-days-for-science.html

4 Likes

Geez, I have social anxiety problems, but I’d still come out of that chatty AF and wanting to give hugs to everyone.

1 Like

Everyone in 2020-2021:

7 Likes

For some reason my first thought on reading the headline was “how awful would it be if the day you came out of the cave was in mid-March, 2020?”

8 Likes

I can’t believe I’ve had to endure Trump for five years and you’re just telling me about this cave NOW?!?

15 Likes

Also discussed in this video from Tom Scott and the rest of The Technical Difficulties.

1 Like

Ikyq

6 Likes

There’s probably been a few applications for Antarctic research assignments withdrawn very,very recently.

1 Like
1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 12.10.22 PM

I wonder if these could be related stories.

4 Likes

She said she saw faces in the dark and befriended the local mice, so I imagine even in solitude most people look for connection, both imagined and real.

6 Likes

Australian Open tennis players in quarantine have been befriending mice too.

3 Likes

I dunno. If I had to depart from civilization for 4+ months, late 2020 would not be my time to pick.

Who knows what post-apocalyptic landscape she might have crawled out into?

I swear I had seen this project written about in National Geographic, ca. 1970.

1 Like

Did she find the letters AS scratched on the walls anywhere?

Yes, but I think that one was a man? Or maybe two different test subjects?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.