Stench of death in village turns out to be hundreds of pounds of rotting moose bits

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/21/stench-of-death-in-village-tur.html

2 Likes

The sick bastards finally did it.

21 Likes

So… Guy shoots a moose, and has it processed by a butcher. Got it.

But the butcher is not on the hook for disposing of the remains? This is where I am confused.

Even so. Damn fool. Drives me nuts when I see garbage dumped on the side of the road. If find it difficult to imagine a situation or a person who is so cheap and lazy that they can’t be fuckall bothered to buy a garbage sticker, or find a dumpster to dump their garbage in, so they just dump it on the side of the road for someone else to deal with (or not).

Fucking assholes.

6 Likes

Most likely, being a moose and all, only the parts which the hunter wanted to keep went to the butcher for further processing.

4 Likes

could have at least used the guts and offal for baiting traps

1 Like

Dropped on the side of the road - Wossamotta U?

I’ll just let myself out now.

4 Likes

“Aw man, now I have to figure out what to do with all these coyote and vulture guts! I really didn’t think this through at all…”

9 Likes

and on down the chain, til you get to bacteria and protozoa entrails

6 Likes

Moose, it’s whats for dinner.

6 Likes

Maybe the dump was closed on Thanksgiving?

6 Likes

They have moose in New York? What ever happened to global warming?

3 Likes

Aye, an’ that there’s just the beginning, the rats are the size of elephants!

2 Likes

Hmm - generally when cleaning a deer, you do leave the guts for coyotes and other scavengers. Though there is a lot less than when cleaning a moose. And it is usually the middle of a field or forest, not near a road.

3 Likes

I don’t know. In rural Oregon, kids have been known to leave the unwanted bits of their deer carcass in the high school parking lot.

1 Like

Perhaps it was the Berkowitzes?

A Møøse once bit my sister… No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: “The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist”, “Fillings of Passion”, “The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink”

6 Likes

Did anyone check his socks?

1 Like

I made sure my kid saw the moose bits when we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

3 Likes

. Argyle is literally in the middle of nowhere. Lots of :evergreen_tree: and fields and not much else.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.