Doorbell cam captures moment moose unexpectedly sheds its antlers

Originally published at: Doorbell cam captures moment moose unexpectedly sheds its antlers | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Very cool! I love seeing things like this that I would otherwise never get to see.

13 Likes

Wow! I knew that they shed them, but surprised it was synchronized and happened without rubbing them against a tree or something.

14 Likes

Moose, “WTF! Where ‘a’ my rootin’ head-sticks gone!”

5 Likes

Anthropomorphising here, so I’m going with it’s like taking an uncomfortable bra off at the end of a very.long.day. (Yes, I know, bull moose…)

That little sproing of joy after they drop! :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

It’s the third video she shares where she mounts the antlers that things start to get a little real.

4 Likes

A rack is a rack.

18 Likes

Fresh antlers are a delicacy if you’re a porcupine!

8 Likes

Holy Cow, or should I say Holy Bull! Watching that moose bolt after the rack fell off was crazy cool and rarer than seeing hen’s teeth. Thanks for sharing!!! ^____^

LOL, made me think of David Sedaris talking about a fan at one of his book readings that said “I put my bra back on to see you, and I never do that!”

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

3 Likes

Yep, lots of critters use them for some calcium in their diets. I found a shed in the neighbors that squirrels and maybe nice nibbled on.

I know in some areas they don’t allow you to take sheds for this reason.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.