Woodsman captures rare footage of bull moose shedding antlers with drone

Originally published at: Woodsman captures rare footage of bull moose shedding antlers with drone | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m not sure how a drone would help a moose shed its antlers. I didn’t even know moose had the capability to operate drones.

10 Likes

That moose didn’t use a drone at all.

4 Likes

*chucklez

“Woodsman uses drone to capture rare footage of bull moose shedding antlers” would have been better phrasing.

9 Likes

In before the Monty Python and the Holy Grail credit sequence!

ETA: The whole scientific thing around the concept of antlers and how they’re used by moose.

Barrescue Wtf GIF by Paramount Network

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/animals-antlers-moose-seasons-mating

6 Likes

My father was chased by a moose once.

3 Likes

Downdraft from that drone blew the antlers off that poor moose.

1 Like

It’s like they crossed an Attenborough doc with a wig snatch compilation video and got Richardson from Deadwood to narrate

1 Like

Shake it off!

2 Likes

It’s kind of scary the way such big structures just suddenly fall off the moose, however it’s completely natural.

I like how he dashes away from the scene as if he’s embarrassed.

2 Likes

Depending on how stubborn the antlers are you either connect the drone to the antler with string and then use the drone to tug at the antler; or you apply one of the drone’s propellers to the base of the antler and hope that what starts getting chipped off is antler rather than skull. It’s more of an art than a science.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.