Step into a giant grasshopper-shaped train car and a sip on some coffee

Originally published at: Step into a giant grasshopper-shaped train car and a sip on some coffee | Boing Boing

4 Likes

@orenwolf - the link to the OP just goes to an error page, rather than to the story!

[ETA] Though others aren’t seeming to have this problem? Am I clicking wrong? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s a pity that edibles are illegal in South Korea.

1 Like

Works for me?

2 Likes

fwiw: i was able to follow the link above okay, and the atlas obscura article.

i have to admit, i didnt expect how the two grasshoppers were positioned…

2 Likes

I click on the link and get the error… :woman_shrugging: Weird!

I had no problem with that…

1 Like

Ah, from the main page the link is broke. I see. Yes I get a 404 too

https://boingboing.net/?p=964621

3 Likes

Thats Crazy Omg GIF by ABC Network

2 Likes

I got what you did, too. :slightly_frowning_face:

I see grasshoppers mating daily, but never once have I thought “hey, that looks like a good design for a cafe.”
Guess that’s why I’ll never be a designer. This works

5 Likes

I just love the commitment to a great design idea over any sense of, you know, operating a business.
Oh coffee? No, we only serve noodle dishes down here in the lower half of the two copulating grasshoppers theme building. If you want coffee you’ll have to settle your tab, exit the lower grasshopper, traverse the comically larger exterior staircase, and engage with a completely separate staff upstairs.

3 Likes

Might be a sloped tunnel of stairs to climb up at the back of the lower car… :wink:

1 Like

The Soviet Union built rail transporters that carried rockets in a horizontal position from the assembly facilities in Baikonur to the launchpad before erecting them to the vertical position. Because of their enormous hydraulic arms, they were nicknamed grasshoppers. Originally designed for the N1 rocket, they were later reused for Energia and Energia/Buran. They’re now slowly rusting in the desert.

No, that’s not from a Gerry Anderson series, that’s a 105m tall Moon rocket!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.