Stephen Colbert explains why Trump actually isn't like President Lincoln

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/05/stephen-colbert-explains-why-t.html

9 Likes

Yes! Lincoln’s followers SHOT people waving confederate flags.

10 Likes

We SHOULD be lambasting him, though. The guy’s a dangerous, racist, evil sex offender. He deserves the criticism.

11 Likes

The thing is - he is being treated unfairly. He’s not being treated like everyone else - his constant scandals are just let slide, he’s given the benefit of the doubt when he’s proven constantly that he doesn’t deserve it, he’s treated like a normal president when he clearly isn’t, he’s asked normal questions despite the fact that everyone knows he won’t - or can’t - answer them. So yeah, he’s being treated unfairly - but entirely to his benefit. I’m pretty sure, on some level, some part of him knows that, so it’s pretty ironic that he complains about it.

19 Likes

If there’s one person that has lambasted Drumpf, it’s definitely Colbert. He’s on the permanent record as having done it, time and time again. Bravo, Colbert!

4 Likes

Listening to Trump (gag) talk about how great the future is going to be for the economy just reminded me that he’s a reliable indicator of reality, in that anything he says is the opposite of reality. Him talking is the warning light on the dashboard of humanity.

3 Likes

I would have chosen “the pilonidal cyst on the painful buttcrack of humanity”, but yours works also.

5 Likes

“But, mister trump, Lincoln was assassinated! You won’t be assassinated. You’re going to PRISON.”

2 Likes

Lincoln freed the slaves.

Trump Is enslaving all of us.

giphy|nullxnull

5 Likes

Trump is a million kinds of evil but comparing life under Trump to centuries of chattel slavery is a poor analogy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.