Steve Bannon marks Trump for death

Yep. And then that took less than a decade to turn around again:

I often think of my hyper-conservative grandfather who died in 1985 and what he’d make of the sudden love of a Russian (ETA: freaking former KGB agent!) strongman and his global fuckery. I don’t even think that I could make him believe that a philandering NYC real estate billionaire conman that was directly aided by Russia in his election, withheld congressionally-appropriated funds from a European ally for defense against Russia while constantly attacking the national security apparatus in the most vulgar terms would garner a more faithful following than Reagan. I just don’t think he’d believe it.

But then again, his son voted for him twice.

12 Likes

“Weekend at Bannon’s” still sounds like a shit event, even if you thought he was alive.

Now if they did it the other way around and held a funeral for him before he was dead, I’d have no problem celebrating at that event.

7 Likes

I would love to see/hear that interview. I guess it’s from years ago.
You wouldn’t know where I could find it?

I DO NOT want Trump to die, outside of prison.

3 Likes

He wasn’t offed by the Deep State™, he was offed by the Deep Fryer™.

19 Likes

Big Oil gets everyone.

15 Likes

They called in Tony Canola.

12 Likes

I would like to see this hypothesis tested.

3 Likes

You know, it occurs to me that Trump should be kept somewhere safe. Somewhere with nice, thick, stone walls, guards, and secure surveillance sounds ideal. Limiting his visitors, his movements, and his communications would be standard, of course. Perhaps give him a nice orange jumpsuit to make it easier for guards to protech him? I’m sure we have some facilities like that somewhere in the United States, right?

15 Likes

Hmm - when he said he could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and not lose any votes, I hadn’t considered the option of him shooting himself - as you imply, it would probably GAIN him votes!

ETA to note that @Bunbain had the same idea first.

3 Likes

I always assumed that the “Deep State” was a dog whistle for the million career civil servants, highly trained professionals doing most of the really hard work of government, whom Trump, on day 1 of his presidency, threatened to outright fire for not toeing the incredibly reductive and inane and regressive line he had established. You know, the government workers who by necessity became Trump’s immediate and reflexive enemies.

Do they want Trump to go away forever? Yes.

Are they actively plotting his assassination? Doubtful, as it seems our justice system is actually doing its job, despite the fact that Trump is a white billionaire.

10 Likes

The most smug commentators I saw were the ones writing for Gawker, they were really convinced that Trump didn’t really want the job and that it was all a publicity stunt. Which might have been partly true at first. And then they of course very snarkily floated this idea:

2 Likes

:musical_note: ‘He lives on the phoooone…
He lost the election, not too long ago.
Maybe he’ll die soon, maybe he won’t…’

4 Likes

If Trump dies now for whatever reason, he will get a state funeral. He needs to be convicted of whatever among his many crimes that removes Secret Service protection and the ability run for office and puts him in prison. Then when he dies he can be buried on whatever golf course Ivanka has picked out for him.

10 Likes

Objection, Yer Honor!
Assuming facts not in evidence!

Now, don’t go around playing with peoples’ emotions like that, @beschizza; if true, this would be a twofer.

You Know Who could be hit by a lightning bolt at a golf course during a thunderstorm, & the FDC would blame it on The Deep State & not the lightning rod he was carrying.

They don’t have to do a damn thing, since You Know Who is doing a fine job of putting the noose around his own neck & is preparing to kick the lever because he had top-secret documents:

The FBI’s search warrant for Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence shows the former president is under investigation for possibly violating the Espionage Act.

6 Likes

mmm maybe trumps days are numbered. If he’s just been caught red-handed with classified files. he might get offered a deal if he tells who he was sharing with and whoever he was sharing with, might not like him ratting.
darth-vader-be-careful-not-to-choke

3 Likes

His security IS of the highest level. He has the Secret Service. Or is there something sketchy about the Secret Service these days? Ya don’t say?

3 Likes

Actually, I think the Secret Service should have a thorough “discussion” with Bannon. Get him to explain in excruciating detail what he thinks his followers should do (or he’s inciting them to do) to Trump.

10 Likes

My first thought exactly.

1 Like

No matter how he dies (heart attack from obesity) it will be an “assassination”.

3 Likes