Stevie Nicks: selfies from the 1970s

[Permalink]

Is that a remote shutter release in her hand? Pretty impressive “selfie” if not.

ETA: ohhh, it totally is! I mistook the cord as a crease in the picture.

Up all night? Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I wonder if the first selfies were done without a remote. The exposure time was so long for early photography, you could easily uncover the lens, go stand in front, wait, wait, go cover the lens. Presto! the first photographic selfie.

I’m not sure what the cheapest cameras were that had a timer, but it was popular feature. On an old SLR I recall a little ring that wound up half a turn on some clock spring mechanism and then it would buzz mechanically for about 10 seconds until the shutter clicked.

I’m not sure what the cheapest cameras were that had a timer, but it was popular feature

Yep. My parents had an Olympus OM2 when I was growing up that had a timer. If I remember correctly you could set the countdown time on it. That was near the end of the 70’s though.

You know what they say about a coke habit - it has its obvious downsides but hey, only three more sleeps to Christmas!

But, but…

[quote=“Dioptase1, post:4, topic:41933, full:true”]
wait, wait, [/quote] =/= [quote=“Dioptase1, post:4, topic:41933, full:true”]Presto! [/quote]

And then you stop and gain 40 lbs and your fans say “Whoa, she turned into a pie wagon all of a sudden.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.