Stop asking about this extension cord. It's not for sale

When I was in college, I had a professor (who had a PhD and everything! Though obviously not in electrical engineering) take part of a lecture one day to explain how to cut off the end of your television’s power cord and splice in a female plug. That way you’d need one of these male-to-male plugs to plug in the TV at all.

It was to keep his kids from watching TV when he didn’t want them to. He’d just unplug from the wall, then unplug the male-to-male extension, and then it couldn’t be plugged in.

When students protested, he insisted it was perfectly safe as long as you unplugged it from the wall first.

3 Likes

I have also seen this type of thing used in an attempt to power homes that had the power shut off.

I can’t recommend it.

1 Like

I would hope that it was just a misidentified Euro converter, but I have seen enough audiowoo to know better.

You don’t usually get banana connectors on European audio equipment because they are a perfect fit for power sockets.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.