Strange object flying past moon

On a migratory bird count we saw plastic bags going by high above our ridgetop site.

6 Likes

6 Likes

OK, you win.

12 Likes

Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh… Bats. It’s bats.

5 Likes

Then the obvious question is “how did bats manage to obtain spaceships?”

19 Likes

Well what do you think they’re doing in their caves all day long?

13 Likes

Oh that. its my hopes and dreams for a peaceful and paid for retirement leaving the planet, or maybe it was yours?

6 Likes

20 Likes

Was there ever a spacefaring Bat-vehicle? My googling only turned up Lego concepts, and well, this interesting piece of news that shows that the bats may have been working on this kind of thing for a while:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts119/launchbat.html

2 Likes

It’s not the most convincing alien mothership I’ve seen, but I’m going to go ahead the drink the Kool-Aid anyway. The rest of you can stay behind with Trump.

6 Likes

The Bat-Rocket! (Or whatever it was actually called.)

4 Likes

TIE Advanced (best ship in the Tie Fighter video game)

It’s actually aliens noping the hell out of here due to the Drumpf being president.

edit:
I was wrong, it was called the TIE Defender. had a tractor beam that was great for destroying A-Wings with.

6 Likes

“TIE Defender”

?

15 Likes

Bats don’t fly in formation like that, and I don’t think there would ever be only two of them. The video never shows the horizon but based on the moon’s color I would think it’s barely above it, so whatever they are they’re not at some tremendous altitude, just far away across the land.

1 Like

You mean Mynocks?

6 Likes

15 Likes

I see someone suggested it might be GRACE.

4 Likes

Back in '78 I accidentally dyed a river red while working for the EPA. Thinking back on it I’m glad as hell we didn’t have cell phones, youtube, facebook etc back then.

8 Likes

Launched on the Shuttle?

10 Likes

How did you accidentally do that? I know of people doing that on purpose to track how water flows, especially through underground systems.

4 Likes