Odd sea creatures moving in formation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/09/odd-sea-creatures-moving-in-formation.html

8 Likes

giphy(11)

20 Likes

I’m somewhat relieved I’m not the only one who saw a bio-Blackbird upon seeing the thumbnail.

22 Likes

It be mermaids, I tells ye!

6 Likes

“The great ship Galactica, our home for these many years. We have endured the wilderness of space. And now we are near the end of our journey. We have at last found Earth.”

galactica

8 Likes

Weird thing is, these are the critters sailors were supposed to be seeing when they thought they were seeing mermaids. Those must have been some mightily drunken (or myopic) sailors.

3 Likes

a fat version of the SR-71 Blackbird, a 1950s Cold War era jet

a fat 1964-99 Cold War era + 8 years jet… and yes, it is what I first saw in the photo

4 Likes

If you had told my 10 year old self that I could one day instantenously see videos of manatees on this “internet” thing, AND that there are other people who know about and genuinely want to talk about the SR-71 Blackbird, I would have shed a tear of joy down my little aircraft-card-collecting face.

5 Likes

I came here for that. Thank you for falling on the pedantry grenade for me.

2 Likes

Came for this. Was not disappointed.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wow, a family of flying skinny manatees!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.